Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
The ability to identify and respond to needs based upon an understanding of situational context and logical analysis of relevant information. Exercising sound reasoning to analyze issues, make decisions, and overcome problems. Being able to obtain, interpret, and use knowledge, facts, and data in this process, and demonstrate originality and inventiveness as needed.
- Make decisions and solve problems using sound, inclusive reasoning and judgment.
- Gather and analyze information from a diverse set of sources and individuals to fully understand a problem.
- Proactively anticipate needs and prioritize action steps.
- Accurately summarize and interpret data with an awareness of personal biases that may impact outcomes.
- Effectively communicate actions and rationale, recognizing the diverse perspectives and lived experiences of stakeholders.
- Multi-task well in a fast-paced environment.
Developing Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Participate in Case Competitions
- Conduct research projects
- Serve as a leader in a student organization
- Plan an event
- Take a course in a new field
- Evaluate resources, your own thinking, and multiple points of view
- Ask Questions, and listen
- Take time to reflect on what you are learning and doing
What does growth look like?