Taking Courses for a Satisfactory-Unsatisfactory Grade Instead of a Letter Grade
Polices for Business Majors
- Business majors are not permitted to take any Warrington College of Business courses for a Satisfactory (S) or Unsatisfactory (U) grade instead of a letter grade; (this include but is not limited to Upper Division Electives and Business Electives), however, business majors can take free electives using the S-U option. Due to the COVID-19 situation, Spring 2020 semester is the only exception to this policy. For more information visit, UF S/U policy Spring 2020
- To use the S-U option, you must complete an S-U Option form which is available in 333 Heavener Hall or 222 Criser by the Registrar’s deadline.
- Once the S-U option is approved, it is final. You cannot revert the S-U grading option to earn a regular letter grade.
- You can elect the S-U option for only one course each term (in addition to courses that are taught only on an S-U basis).
- Courses taken to fulfill the general education and the writing and math requirements cannot be taken S-U.
- For complete S-U option information and deadlines, refer to the S-U Option Policies and Critical Academic Dates.
- Please see an academic advisor if you have additional questions regarding the S-U Option.