Heavener Peer Advisors
Who We Are
The Heavener Peer Advisors (HPAs) are a dynamic group of experienced, business upperclassmen highly trained to provide First-Year Business Gators with academic advisement and transition support in the Heavener School of Business (HSB) at the University of Florida. The HPAs are readily available to answer your questions and guide you on the path to academic success and leadership in HSB.
The HPAs Can Help Answer Your Questions About:
- Business majors, minors, & scheduling
- The Heavener Leadership Sequence
- Balancing a full-time course load and a part-time job
- Getting involved in clubs and organizations on campus
- Upcoming events within the college and professional events
- Research opportunities
Connect with an HPA today! You can connect with the HPAs to receive a “quick” answer to your question(s) or request to schedule a one on one, 30-minute appointment by email.
Apply to be an HPA
We are now accepting applications for new HPAs!
We are seeking dynamic, Business upperclassmen to support the success of first-year students in the Heavener School of Business. Complete the following application to express your interest in joining our team of Heavener Peer Advisors (HPAs) for the next academic year. HPAs are a vital part of the Academic & Career Advising (ACA) team and primarily assist first-year students in the creation of semester and academic plans.
HPA candidate criteria includes:
- Must be a second-year student or above
- Must commit to one semester of training (Spring)
- Must commit at least two semesters of service (Fall and Spring)
- Maintain an overall/UF GPA of a 3.0, remain in good standing, and have a clear judicial history
- Excellent communication skills
- Capacity for discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Demonstrated record of maturity and academic excellence
- Ability to work on a team with minimal supervision
- Deep knowledge of the University of Florida, including support resources and campus involvement
2021-2022 APPLICATIONS ARE DUE OCTOBER 26th AT 11:59PM.