Bright IDEA (Inclusivity, Diversity, Equity & Access) Award
The Bright IDEA Award recognizes the student organization/individual that exemplifies conscious initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion values in the Heavener School of Business. A student/organization that has pursued the mission of the University to create a broadly diverse environment necessary to foster multicultural skills and perspectives in teaching and research for its students to contribute and succeed in the global 21st century.
For the award application, you will need to complete the following:
- Submit the online application form. All applications are due at 11:59PM on February 5th.
- You will attach your essay (required) and any additional letters of support (encouraged) to this form.
Explain why you believe that your organization or the nominated organization/individual should be considered for the Bright IDEA Award. Please include the following in your application:
- In no more than two pages double-spaced, please offer examples of the individual or organization’s commitment to improving and promoting diversity, equity and inclusion in the Warrington student organization community, including:
- Provide evidence of outcomes that promoted cross-cultural learning and interaction with significant impact on the Warrington community that stands out above others
- Any online/virtual promotion or campaign to promote an organization’s external diverse recruitment initiative
- Internal initiatives focused on creating concrete steps for members to increase their understandings of diversity issues and facilitating opportunities for broadening awareness of diversity to create a more fair and open-minded organization/club
- Any additional efforts the individual or organization has made to assist other student organizations and increase IDEA among student organizations.
- Letters of support are encouraged, but not required. Maximum of two letters, each limited to one page.
- If you are also applying for awards that require a PowerPoint presentation, please do not address this award in your presentation.
Selection Process & Criteria
An organization will be selected for this award by a selection committee consisting of Heavener staff members. Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Does the application adhere to proper formatting requirements listed above?
- Significantly promote diversity, equity and inclusion competency development among the Warrington College of Business student organizations.
- Promoting diversity workplace education and communication ideas; and/or improving cultural competency through educational initiatives.
- Addresses key areas of IDEA such as recruitment retention, college climate, research and community outreach
- Created partnerships between leadership and members to resolve intra-organization issues.
- Models an intermediate level of global/inter-cultural fluency by being motivated to engage in shared experiences and/or dialogue with people from different backgrounds, beliefs, and/or experiences
- Can demonstrate the impact of, and positive outcomes from, inter-sectional approaches/well as the key actions and interventions in the organization’s inclusive culture
Previous Award Recipients