The Heavener International Programs office is monitoring and complying with institutional-level responses to COVID-19. Refer to the UF COVID-19 website for most recent updates with respect to international travel. If you have any questions or concerns related to our study abroad programs, you can contact our office at 352-273-0151 or via email.
The Heavener School of Business has developed a comprehensive array of international programs that provide students with the opportunity to live, learn, and study in another country for a semester or academic year. With the establishment of our programs to London, Madrid, Rome, Dublin, and Paris, and our exchange programs in 22 countries, a record number of UF students are now preparing for the global economy through a study abroad experience. Our aim is to provide all students with the opportunity for a study abroad experience during their time at UF. Research has shown that students who study abroad are better equipped to take on new challenges, manage change and ambiguity, and maximize opportunity throughout their careers. Studying abroad is a pivotal event in a young person’s life that impacts four specific areas: Personal Development, Academic Commitment, Intercultural Development, and Career Development.
- Increased self-confidence
- Increased maturity
- Broadened world views
- Enhanced interest in academic study and major
- Influenced subsequent academic experiences
- Reinforced commitment to learning a foreign language
- Foster better understanding of personal cultural values and biases
- Gained more diverse friendships
- Created an appreciation for other lifestyles and cultures
- Acquired new skill sets
- Strengthened professional resume
- Increased future likelihood of working or volunteering internationally