Heavener International Programs is accepting applications for study abroad while closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19 on international travel. Students should review the COVID-19 Study Abroad FAQs for important information about planning to study abroad during this time. If you have any questions or concerns related to status of our programs, you can contact our office at 352-273-0151 or via email.
The World is Your Classroom... Go Global
The Heavener School of Business has developed international programs that provide students with the opportunity to live, learn, and study in another country for a semester, summer, or academic year. Our aim is to provide all students with the opportunity for a study abroad experience during their time at UF. Research has shown that students who study abroad are better equipped to take on new challenges, manage change and ambiguity, and maximize opportunity throughout their careers. Studying abroad is a pivotal event in a student’s life that impacts four specific areas: Personal Development, Academic Commitment, Intercultural Development, and Career Development.
- Increased self-confidence
- Increased maturity
- Broadened world views
- Enhanced interest in academic study and major
- Influenced subsequent academic experiences
- Reinforced commitment to learning a foreign language
- Foster better understanding of personal cultural values and biases
- Gained more diverse friendships
- Created an appreciation for other lifestyles and cultures
- Acquired new skill sets
- Strengthened professional resume
- Increased future likelihood of working or volunteering internationally