Student Organization Officer of the Year
This award is presented to a Warrington student organization officer who has made significant contributions to their organization and has exceeded the basic requirements of their position. Both self-nominations and other nominations are encouraged.
Explain why you believe that this student should be considered for Student Organization Officer of the Year. Please include the following in your application:
- In no more than two pages double spaced, please address the following:
- How the officer supported the goals and mission of the organization.
- Concrete examples of how the officer’s actions, efforts, and contributions significantly benefited the organization and/or were beyond the scope of their duties.
- How the officer displayed leadership, teamwork, and commitment.
- The overall impact of the officer’s service to the organization, college, or community.
- Letters of support are encouraged, but not required. Maximum of two letters, each limited to one page.
- If you are also applying for awards that require a PowerPoint presentation, please do not address this award in your presentation.
Selection Process & Criteria
An officer will be selected for this award by a selection committee consisting of Heavener staff members. Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria
- Does the application adhere to proper formatting requirements listed above?
- Is there evidence of the officer’s actions, efforts, and contributions that significantly benefit the organization beyond the scope of their duties?
- Is there evidence of this officer’s service to the organization, college or community?
- Is there evidence this officer displayed leadership, teamwork and commitment?
- Is there evidence the officer has gone above and beyond the call of duty to advance the mission of their organization, as evidenced in ways including but not limited to; acquiring new skills; membership engagement; innovation; leadership development; and cross-campus collaboration and relationship building?