This form should be used to determine if a course taken from an international institution is equivalent (virtually the “same” course by content) to a Heavener School of Business required business tracking, core, or major course. It is the student’s responsibility to determine if the content of the UF course matches the content of the course being offered abroad. This is accomplished by comparing the syllabus of the UF course and the syllabus of the course from the international institution.
Conditions for submitting 3000-4000 level courses from abroad:
- Is the course from a University of Florida exchange partner, Warrington College of Business exchange partner, or Heavener International Programs affiliate?
- If No, the equivalency cannot be processed.
- If Yes, the equivalency can be processed if the necessary documentation is submitted.
- Is this course already online as an active Equivalency?
- If No, please submit the equivalency materials.
- If Yes, no need to submit any equivalency materials.
Core courses include:
- ACG 2021 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ACG 2071 Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- CGS 2531 Problem Solving Using Computer Software
- ECO 2013 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECO 2023 Principles of Microeconomics
- MAC 2233 Survey of Calculus
- MAC 2311 Analytical Geometry & Calculus I
- MAC 2234 Survey of Calculus II
- STA 2023 Introduction to Statistics
- MAN 3025 Principles of Management
- MAR 3023 Principles of Marketing
- FIN 3403 Business Finance
- QMB 3250 Statistics for Business Decisions
- BUL 4310 Legal Environment of Business
- MAN 4504 Operations Management
- GEB 3373 International Business
Major courses may include:
- FIN 4243 Debt & Money Markets
- FIN 4414 Financial Management
- FIN 4504 Equity & Capital Markets
- MAN 3240 Organizations
- MAN 4301 Human Resource Mgt.
- MAN 4723 Strategic Management
- MAR 3503 Consumer Behavior
- MAR 3231 Retailing Systems
- MAR 4803 Marketing Management
- MAR 4156 International Marketing
- MAR 4403 Sales Management
- MAR 4613 Marketing Research
- QMB 3302 Foundations of Business Analytics & AI
- ECO courses may also be evaluated
A note for finance majors only: FIN 4414 & FIN 3403 must be completed at UF, regardless of equivalency approval.
Complete the request form once for each course. The request will be denied if any of the indicated documentation below is missing. Electronic submissions must be in a format such as Word or PDF. Picture only formats such as .gif or .jpeg will not be processed.
Students must submit a course syllabus from the semester the course was taken (or within +/- five years). The syllabus (or supporting documentation) should include the following:
- Course description
- Textbook or course materials
- An outline or list of chapters covered from textbook
- If available: credits and/or meeting times
Please note the more course details you obtain from your host institute, the more appropriate determination can be given from the academic department evaluating your request. It is to your advantage to submit thorough course information. This may require your effort in facilitating email correspondence with the school/faculty abroad.