Department-Sponsored Program / Organization Leader of the Year
This award is presented to a Warrington freshman, sophomore, or junior student leader who has demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities and made significant contributions to their department-sponsored program or organization which exceeded the requirements of their position. Both self-nominations and other nominations are encouraged.
In order to apply for this award, please review all information below. Applications open Friday, January 12th and must be submitted by 11:59PM on Sunday, February 4th. You may showcase anything in your application that occurred between January 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023.
For the award application, you will need to complete the following:
- Please review the Recognition and Awards page to ensure your organization type (department-sponsored versus student organization) is eligible to apply for this particular award.
- You will attach your essay (required) and any additional letters of support (encouraged) to the online application form (see link at the bottom of this page), by the deadline specified above.
Submission Requirements & Instructions
- In no more than two pages double-spaced, please address the criteria below with quantitative and qualitative evidence to support your application regarding the freshman, sophomore, or junior’s contributions from January 2023 to December 2023:
- Examples of how the leader’s actions, efforts and contributions significantly benefited the organization and supported its goals and mission. Examples may include, but are not limited to: promoting competency development, membership engagement, innovation, leadership development, cross-campus collaboration and relationship-building.
- Examples of how this leader greatly exceeded the scope of their duties.
- Examples of how the leader demonstrated outstanding leadership, teamwork, and commitment.
- Evidence of the overall impact of the leader’s exceptional service to the organization, college, or community.
- Letters of support are encouraged, but not required. Maximum of two letters, each limited to one page.
- If you are also applying for awards that require a PowerPoint presentation, please do not address this award in your presentation.
Selection Process & Criteria
In order to be considered, applications must be submitted by the deadline and adhere to the proper formatting requirements listed above. A selection committee of Heavener staff members will choose a winner who best exemplifies the award based on the qualitative and quantitative evidence provided in the application.
By submitting an application, applicants agree to release their academic records and discipline records to the selection committee. This year’s selection committee members are: Autumn Santos, Dalon Coleman, Danica Mandarano, Jeff Danso, Satcha Sanon, Sarah Morais, and the BCC President.