Career and Self Development
Proactively develop self and career through continual personal and professional learning. Developing an awareness of strengths and weaknesses, learning to navigate career opportunities, and network. Seeks to build relationships within and outside organization and current profession. The ability to navigate and explore job options, understand and complete the steps necessary to pursue opportunities, and to self-advocate for opportunities in the workplace.
- Show an awareness of own strengths and areas for development.
- Identify areas for continual growth while pursuing and applying feedback.
- Develop plans and goals for one’s future career.
- Professionally advocate for oneself and others.
- Display curiosity and seek out opportunities to learn.
- Assume duties or positions that will help one progress professionally.
- Establish, maintain, and/or leverage relationships with people who can help one professionally.
- Seek and embrace personal and professional development opportunities.
- Participate in further education, training, or other events to support one’s career.
NACE Center for Career Development and Talent Acquisition®
Developing Career and Self Development
- Meet with a CAP Mentor and Career Coach
- Complete the Strengths Finder assessment
- Attend events in HireWarrington
- Participate in networking events
- Read books and journals relevant to your field of interest
- Job shadow professionals
- Seek a mentor in your field
- Complete career interest assessments
- Identify your personal values and goals
- Develop technical and functional skills
- Create a career timeline from internship to retirement
- Identify career opportunities that align with your strengths, values, skills, and goals
What does growth look like?