The Student Experience
Online: Hybrid One-Year
The 16-month option is an accelerated program for those who have an undergraduate degree in business and graduated within the last seven years.
While the majority of your coursework is completed online, we do host weekend residencies every four months and a mandatory on-campus orientation for all students on our Gainesville campus. Online lectures are asynchronous, allowing you to view them at your own convenience and schedule.
- 16 months
- 32 credits
- On-Campus Visits:
- One weekend every 4 months (Saturday & Sunday)
- One week: Orientation followed by Foundations Review Course
- Electives: online, one week on-campus or international
- Begins: January and August
The program operates on a lock-step, cohort based system. You start with a group of classmates and go through terms one through five with this same group of classmates, allowing you to build strong relationships and a powerful network that will last far beyond graduation. To facilitate your relationship and network building opportunities, we regularly host local social events allowing you to interact with other MBA cohorts.
The quarterly class weekends are comprised of a Saturday and Sunday, and are a great opportunity to reconnect with faculty and classmates in person. Saturday will likely include final exams or presentations, and Sunday you will meet your new faculty members and begin your next term. This offers you the best of both worlds – an extremely flexible class format that still provides live interaction and connections with classmates, faculty and the university.
Students in the Online One-Year program can choose from one of four areas of focus. This allows students to take a deeper dive into an area that interests them. The four areas of focus are:
Starting in Term 6, Online One-Year students are able to select four electives in a specific area to gain a focus within their MBA coursework. Students also choose the format in which they take these courses. The format options are:
- Online: These classes are offered in the same format as the classes taken in Terms 1-5.
- On Campus: These elective classes allow students to immerse themselves on campus in Gainesville for one week to complete a course, instead of online over a four month term.
- Global Immersion Experience (GIE): Students can also participate in a one week international study trip as part of their MBA experience. Students that choose the international focus are required to take a GIE trip. Visit the GIE page for more details.
Orientation is mandatory. Please review class dates for the orientation schedule. Additionally, for our one-year options, a one week review course is conducted following orientation. Foundations Review is a mandatory review of core business concepts and is a requirement prior to beginning the 32 credit accelerated program. Please note that Foundations Review is not required for concurrent OEM/MBA students.