Full-Time MBA: One-Year - Business Majors
This 10-month program allows individuals who have graduated with a business degree within the past seven years to fast-track their MBA. The One-Year – Business Majors MBA offers a dual advantage: the rigor of a full-time MBA program with the convenience of condensed time frame.
We accept coursework you completed during your undergraduate academic experience, allowing you to accelerate your MBA and still experience the same number of specialty options as our other full-time programs.
- 10 months
- 32 credits (includes 22 elective credits)
- Undergraduate degree in business within the past seven years
- Begins: June
7-week modules with the following week consisting of final exams.
Students are expected to commit approximately 40 hours per week towards their MBA classes, school work, and various career and experiential activities that may be required. Typically, students take three to four total courses per module.
As a One-Year — Business Majors student, you will take courses tailored to your career goals and interests. Your classes will meet in state-of-the-art facilities and are taught by faculty members that challenge you to become a better student and business professional.
During the summer term, your small cohort will engage in an intensive series of courses that are critical for all MBA students. These courses will best prepare you for the elective courses you will select in the fall and spring semesters.
Equipped with the knowledge gained in these specialized courses, you’ll enter the fast-paced recruiting season ready to stand out from the crowd.
All UF students must own a computer that meets the minimum UF computing requirements included below. Warrington College of Business requires students to specifically own a notebook computer.
Orientation is a required program that takes place before classes begin. Orientation is a critical part of the MBA experience that introduces you to the key areas of our program that are vital to your success inside and outside the classroom. (delete this sentence- Business Skills Review covers Accounting, Excel, Statistics and Finance—to give a foundation of knowledge and provide a level of confidence when you step into the MBA classroom. You will meet your classmates, teammates, faculty, advisors and staff. Additionally, you will learn about the culture and traditions that make UF MBA great!
- Introductions: We kick off with an informal welcome from our staff, faculty and current students. You will spend time getting to know your cohort and peers through introductions and ice breaker activities.
- Academics & Expectations: We cover the curriculum, concentrations, case study methodology, faculty expectations and training on our technology interfaces.
- Career Development: You will be introduced to our career development process, and familiarize yourself with Hire Warrington and the Business Career Services calendar and timeline for internship and full time employment opportunities.
- Team Development: Cohorts really get to know each other while working together through a series of challenges and interactive games.
- Networking events include a panel discussion and luncheon with alumni.
Please plan to participate in Orientation activities during business hours each day and during the evenings of Monday and Friday.
At the end of your program, you and your family will celebrate your accomplishment at a college-wide ceremony. Ceremonies take place in the spring and winter and consist of commencement exercises for Warrington graduates only.