All UF students must own a computer that meets the minimum UF computing requirements included below. Warrington College of Business requires students to specifically own a notebook computer.
Orientation is a required program that includes a Business Skills Review, and takes place before classes begin. Orientation is a critical part of the MBA experience that introduces you to the key areas of our program that are vital to your success inside and outside the classroom. Business Skills Review covers Accounting, Excel, Statistics and Finance—to give a foundation of knowledge and provide a level of confidence when you step into the MBA classroom. You will meet your classmates, teammates, faculty, advisors and staff. Additionally, you will learn about the culture and traditions that make UF MBA great!
- We kick off with an informal breakfast and welcome from our staff, faculty and current students.
- On Academic Day, we cover the curriculum, case study methodology, faculty expectations and training on our technology interfaces.
- During Career Development Day, you will be introduced to our career development process, and hear from corporate partners on what they’re looking for from a UF MBA graduate.
- The Team Development Day is everyone’s favorite. Cohorts really get to know each other while working together on the campus challenge course.
- Networking events include a reception, activities hosted by our current UF MBA students and a panel discussion and luncheon with alumni.
Please plan to participate in Orientation activities during business hours each day and during the evenings of Monday and Friday. Spouses and partners are welcome to the networking events.
At the end of your program, you and your family will celebrate your accomplishment at a college-wide ceremony. Ceremonies take place in the spring and winter and consist of commencement exercises for Warrington graduates only.