The Student Experience
The 12-month option is an accelerated program for those who have an undergraduate degree in business and graduated within the last seven years.
While the majority of your coursework is completed online, we do host a mandatory on-campus orientation for all students on our Gainesville campus. Online lectures are asynchronous, allowing you to view them at your own convenience and schedule.
- 12 months
- 32 credits
- On-Campus Visits:
- Mandatory in-person orientation
- Electives: online, one week on-campus or international
- Begins: January, April and September
The program operates on a lock-step, cohort based system. You start with a group of classmates and go through terms one through five with this same group of classmates, allowing you to build strong relationships and a powerful network that will last far beyond graduation. To facilitate your relationship and network building opportunities, we regularly host local social events allowing you to interact with other MBA cohorts.
Starting in Term 6, Online One-Year students are able to select four electives in a specific area to gain a focus within their MBA coursework. Students also choose the format in which they take these courses. The format options are:
- Online: These classes are offered in the same format as the classes taken in Terms 1-5.
- On Campus: These elective classes allow students to immerse themselves on campus in Gainesville for one week to complete a course, instead of online over a four-month term.
- Global Immersion Experience (GIE): Students can also participate in a one week international study trip as part of their MBA experience. Students that choose the international focus are required to take a GIE trip. Visit the GIE page for more details.
Orientation is mandatory. Please review class dates for the orientation schedule. Additionally, for our one-year program formats, a one-week, online Foundations Review course must be taken prior to orientation. Foundations Review is a mandatory review of core business concepts and is a requirement prior to beginning the 32-credit accelerated program. Please note that Foundations Review is not required for concurrent OEM/MBA students.