The Business Analytics concentration is geared toward students interested in careers in business analysis and data analytics. This concentration will allow MBA students to take courses designed to help them learn how to extract, analyze and interpret data that are relevant to their industry or functional area of choice. The Business Analytics concentration is only available for students in the two-year Full-Time program format.
There are three planned courses that focus on analytics in a discipline with the academic plan calling on the student to pick one of the three courses to complete the concentration, and these three courses would be the only ones shared with existing concentrations in Finance, Marketing, Human Capital and Strategy.
Core Business Analytics Classes:
- ISM 6128 Advanced Business Systems Design and Development I
- ISM 6215 Business Database Systems I
- ISM 6562 Business Data Presentation and Visualization
- ISM 6405 Business Intelligence
And one additional functional course from the following list is required to complete the concentration:
- MAR 6930 Special Topics: Marketing Analytics
- MAN 6366 Organizational Staffing
- FIN XXXX Finance Analytics