General Undergraduate and Study Abroad Scholarships
The Warrington College of Business’s Heavener School of Business offers two opportunities for students to apply for scholarships: in March for summer and fall semesters and again in October for spring semester awards. Over $30,000 in scholarships, in amounts ranging from $500 to $2,000, was awarded this past year to undergraduate business, Online Business, and students studying abroad.
UF students who intend to study abroad on a Warrington sponsored program (London, Madrid, Paris or Rome) or business-only majors planning to participate on a college sponsored exchange program are eligible for the Study Abroad scholarships.
The same application is used for all scholarship applicants. Students who are applying for Study Abroad scholarships must complete the section about their study abroad destination. All applicants must submit the following documents in hard copy format as a complete package by the deadline:
- Scholarship application which includes Academic Plan and Permission for Disclosure Form
- Financial Aid Award Letter
Personal essay with a statement of purpose (1-2 pages, double-spaced)
- Indication of need for scholarship
- Outline of academic and career goals
- Description of study abroad plans and goals, if studying abroad
Letter of recommendation
- Letter cannot be from a Heavener School of Business academic advisor or staff member who serves on the scholarship selection committee.
- Additional essays (if applicable)
The Scholarship Committee looks at many factors when awarding scholarships including donor-stipulated conditions, academic record, and/or financial need. If you meet one of the special donor-stipulated conditions as specified on the scholarship list, be sure to include this information in your application.
To apply for the study abroad or academic scholarship, complete the scholarship applicationusing Chrome or Internet Explorer (not Firefox). Print a completed scholarship application. Turn in a hard-copy with supporting documents to 301 Heavener Hall by 4 pm of deadline day. Application deadlines are October 1 for the spring semester awards and March 1 for the summer and fall awards. The FAFSA is required for every scholarship application. Incomplete or late applications are not eligible to be considered for an award.
Eligible students are:
- Undergraduate Business majors (not accounting) taking 12 credit hours and UF Online students pursuing a Bachelor’s in Business Administration;
Study Abroad scholarships:
- UF students who intend to study abroad on a Heavener School of Business sponsored study abroad program (UF in Dublin London, Madrid, Paris or Rome);
- Business-only majors who plan to participate on a Warrington business exchange program;
- Non-business majors who are approved for a Heavener School of Business sponsored study abroad program (UF in Dublin London, Madrid, Paris or Rome);
Email us (scholarships at warrington.ufl.edu) with any questions about our scholarships.