General Undergraduate and Study Abroad Scholarships
The Warrington College of Business’s Heavener School of Business offers several opportunities for students to apply for scholarships: in March for summer semester, in May for fall semesters and again in October for spring semester awards. Over $60,000 in scholarships, in amounts ranging from $500 to $2,000, was awarded this past year to undergraduate business, online business, and students studying abroad.
To apply for the study abroad or academic scholarship, complete the online scholarship application. Have your essay, Financial Aid Award Letter and resume completed before you start the application. Application must be completed all at once.
- Online scholarship application which includes academic plan and permission for Disclosure
Personal essay with a statement of purpose (1-2 pages, double-spaced)
- Indication of need for scholarship
- Outline of academic and career goals
- Description of study abroad plans and goals, if studying abroad
- Financial Aid Award Letter (from UF Student Self-Service)
Letter of recommendation
- Letter cannot be from a Heavener School of Business International Programs staff member. Recommendation letter must be in PDF or WORD document format. The recommender may email (scholarships at warrington.ufl.edu) the letter.
- Additional essays (if applicable)
The Scholarship Committee looks at many factors when awarding scholarships including donor-stipulated conditions, academic record, and/or financial need. If you meet one of the special donor-stipulated conditions as specified on the scholarship list, be sure to include this information in your application.
Application deadlines are 11:59pm October 1 for the spring semester awards, March 1 for the summer semester, and May 1 for the fall semester awards. The FAFSA is required in order to be considered for need-based scholarships.
Eligible students are:
- Undergraduate Business majors (not accounting) taking 12 credit hours;
- Online students pursuing a Bachelor’s in Business Administration
Study Abroad scholarships:
- Students (including students from accounting and other colleges) who intend to study abroad on a Heavener International Program (UF in Dublin, London, Madrid, Paris, Rome or Beijing Internship); or
- Business-only majors planning to participate on an exchange program
Email us (scholarships at warrington.ufl.edu) with any questions about our scholarships.