Student Support at the Technology Assistance Center
Located in Heavener Hall 206 on the weekdays and Hough 237 on the weekends, our service provides the computer support that Warrington College of Business students need to access class websites, video lectures, and other technology-based resources.
All students must review and adhere to UF’s Acceptable Use Policy and Computing Standards.
Warrington College of Business students must own a computer that meets minimum UF computing requirements and additional system requirements established by the College.
Warrington Laptop Recommendations
The Technology Assistance Center has negotiated an excellent package on laptops. Dell offers competitive pricing, an on site 3 year – next business day warranty, excellent customer service and dependable, reliable machines.
If you choose to explore other purchasing options, please pay careful attention to the Warrington computer requirements. Look for comparable features that are included in the Warrington laptops, such as the extended warranty, plus all required software and hardware.
The University of Florida maintains educational pricing agreements with Dell, Lenovo and Apple. The Warrington College of Business has special pricing arrangements with Dell and IBM for notebook purchases that meet or exceed Warrington standards.
Online BSBA students may contact the TAC for help with software and/or hardware problems. All other undergraduate students should contact the UF Computing Help Desk. All undergraduate students may get help with video lectures by filling out the online problem report form.
Using the Mediasite platform, the College is able to produce high-quality video and content streams. This unique service allows viewers to see the presenter and his or her computer content simultaneously. It’s features make it ideal for online lectures or visual-heavy presentations.
Those features include Thumbnail slide indexing, Searchability, and Multi-speed playback.
Please contact the TAC for assistance with software, hardware configuration, user accounts, Internet and network access.
Due to current incompatibility with iTunes and UF security protocol all video lectures will be downloaded with the UF VPN client connected and accessing the Video file share. The instructions for installing the UF VPN and path for the Video file share are listed below. Please contact the TAC for assistance using these instructions:
Student Printing Resources
All Warrington College of Business graduate students are granted access to the study area laser printers (color and black/white). Each graduate student receives a limited quantity of free print credits each term. Please read the Printing Services Process Overview to understand how this works. To track your balance, go to the Check My Printing Balance and Transactions History Link. Students who have difficulty printing to the study area printers should contact the TAC for assistance.
The College has designated study/work areas for graduate students: Hough Hall 230 and 330 for MBA students, the Heavener hall common areas and study rooms for all non-MBA masters students, and Gerson 114 for Accounting students.
Each room has wireless internet access and high-quality laser printers.
Access to all study areas is via your GatorOne card. Students whose GatorOne cards will not open these doors should contact the TAC for assistance.
- 1st – closed, New Year’s Day
- 21st – closed, Martin Luther King
- 16th – 17th – hours: 8am to 5pm, no classes
- 4th – 8th – hours: 8am to 6pm, Spring Break
- 20th – 21st – hours: 8am to 5pm, no classes
- 6th – 10th – hours: 8am to 6pm, Summer Break
- 11th – 12th – hours: 8am to 5pm, no classes
- 25th – 26th – hours: 8am to 5pm, no classes
- 27th – closed, Memorial Day
- 15th – 16th – hours: 8am to 5pm, no classes
- 24th – 28th – hours: 8am to 6pm, no classes, Summer B Break
- 4th – closed, Independence Day
- 13th – 14th – hours: 8am to 5pm, no classes
- 27th – 28th – hours: 8am to 5pm, no classes
- 3rd – 4th – hours: 8am to 5pm, no classes
- 12th – 16th – hours: 8am to 6pm, no classes, Summer/Fall Break
- 31st – hours: 8am to 5pm, no classes
- 1st – closed, Labor Day
- 28th – 29th – hours: 8am to 5pm, no classes
- 11th – closed, UF Homecoming
- 26th – 27th – hours: 8am to 5pm, no classes
- 9th – 10th – hours: 8am to 5pm, no classes
- 11th – closed, Veterans Day
- 28th – Dec 1st – closed, Thanksgiving
- 21st – 24th – hours: 8am to 5pm, no classes
- 25th – closed, Christmas
- 26th – 27th and 30th – 31st – phone support only from 8:30am to 4:30pm
- 28th – 29th – closed
- 1st – closed, New Year’s