Recent Scholarly Activity in Entrepreneurship
Janice E. Carrillo, Department of Information Systems & Operations Management
- Environmental Implications for Online Retailing, European Journal of Operational Research (2014) (with Asoo Vakharia and Ruoxuan Wang ).
- Product Diffusion for Single Function and Multi-Function Products, European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 214, 2011, 232-245 (2011) (with Yuwen Chen).
- “Fusion Product Planning: A Market Offering Perspective,” Decision Sciences Journal, Vol. 41, (2010) (with Yuwen Chen, Peter Sin, and Asoo Vakharia).
- Multi-Generation Pricing and Timing Decisions in New Product Development, Working Paper (2014) (with Michelle M.H. Seref and Arda Yenipazarli).
- Knowledge Transfer in NPD Projects, Working Paper (2014) (with Wenli Xiao and Cheryl Gaimon).
- Strategic Analysis of Dual Channels for Digital Goods, Working Paper, (2014) (with Yinliang (Ricky) Tan).
- Contemporary Research in NPD, Innovation and Technology Management: Review and Future Directions, Working Paper (2014) (with Cheryl Druehl and Juliana Hsuan).
- Resource Allocation for Non-Profits: A Case of Animal Shelters, Working Paper (2014) (with Nazli Turken and Anand Paul).
Yongseok Jang, Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center
- Dynamics of Fast Market Entrance for Young Entrepreneurial Firms Providing Products in Markets: Innovation, Organization and Entrepreneurs, Academy of Entrepreneurship Journal, Vol. 20, No.1, (2014).
- Comparing Performance of Technology Business Incubators by Sponsorship : Public Vs Private, Journal of Strategic and International Studies, Vol. 9 Issue 1. (2014).
- Modeling Student Entrepreneurship: a Longitudinal Study, Journal of Entrepreneurship Education, Vol. 16, (2013).
- Does Open Innovation Help New Technology-Based Firms, Located in Isolated Areas?, Proceedings, Academy of Management Meeting (AOM), Philadelphia, PA, August 1-5, 2014.
- Founders’ Human Capital and The Intensity of Open Innovation for New Technology-Based Firms, United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (USASBE) Annual Conference, Tampa, FL, January 22-25, 2015.
Kristin Joys, Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center
- Teaching Social Entrepreneurship, Annals of Entrepreneurship Education and Pedagogy, (Morris, M.H. editor), Edward Elgar Publishing (2014) (with M. Leaman).
- Don’t Just Count Your Hours, Make Your Hours Count: The Essential Guide to Volunteering & Community Service (2011) (with A. Rush).
- Teaching Social Entrepreneurship, in Annals of Entrepreneurship Education and Pedagogy, Chichester, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing, pp.152-176.
Debanjan Mitra, Department of Marketing
- Findings-Innovations’ Origins: When, By Whom, and How Are Radical Innovations Developed? Marketing Science, 28(1), 166-179 (2009) (with P.N. Golder and R. Shacham).
Gwendolyn Lee, Department of Management
- Start-ups vs. Diversifying Entrants: Industries with Potentials for Recombining Productive Activities, (working paper), presented at Academy of Management Annual Conference, Philadelphia (2014).
- Competitive Dynamics Stimulated by Pioneers’ Technological Innovation: A Theoretical Framework. In Dagnino GB (ed.), Handbook of Research on Competitive Strategy. New York, NY: Edward Elgar Publishing. pp. 201-234 (2012) (with F.M. Garraffo).
- Acquisition vs. Internal Development as Modes of Market Entry. Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 31, No.2, pp. 140-158 (2010) (with M.B. Lieberman).
- Understanding the Timing of ‘Fast-second’ Entry and the Relevance of Capabilities in Innovation vs. Commercialization. Research Policy, Vol. 38, pp. 86-95 (2009).
- Relevance of Organizational Capabilities and Its Dynamics: What to Learn from Entrants’ Product Portfolios about the Determinants of Entry Timing. Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 29, No. 12, pp. 1257-1280 (2008).
- Entry into Emergent and Uncertain Product Markets: The Role of Associative Rhetoric. Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 51, No. 6, pp. 1171-1188 (2008) (with Paruchuri S.).
Michael Morris, Department of Marketing and Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center
- Entrepreneurship and the Modern University, Edward Elgar Publishing (with D. Kuratko and J. Cornwall) (2013).
- Entrepreneurship and Leadership, Edward Elgar Publishing (co-edited with D. F. Kuratko) (2013).
- Entrepreneurship as Experience: How Events Create Ventures and Ventures Create Entrepreneurs, Edward Elgar Publishing (with C. Pryor and M. Schindehutte) (2012).
- Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurship Research, Third Edition, Chichester: John Wiley and Sons (with D.F. Kuratko) (2014).
- Rethinking Marketing: The Entrepreneurial Imperative, Prentice-Hall/Pearson (with M. Schindehutte and L. Pitt) (2008).
- Corporate Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Cincinnati: Cengage Publishing (with D. Kuratko and J. Covin), (third edition, 2011).
- Opportunity and the Entrepreneurial Marketer,” in Z. Sethna, (ed.) Entrepreneurial Marketing: Global Perspectives, Yorkshire, United Kingdom: Emerald Publishing (2013).
- Microenterprise Growth at the Base of the Pyramid: A Resource-based Perspective, Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship 18(4) (2013) (with J. Webb and R. Pillay).
- Building Blocks for the Development of University-Wide Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship Research Journal (2014) (with D. Kuratko and C. Pryor).
- A Competency-Based Perspective on Entrepreneurship Education: Conceptual and Empirical Insights, Journal of Small Business Management, 51(3) (2013), 352-369 (with J. Webb).
- Entrepreneurial Activity in American Indian Nations: Extending the GEM Methodology, Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship, 18(2) (2013) (with R. Franklin and J. Webb).
- The Business Model and Firm Performance: The Case of Russian Food Service Ventures, Journal of Small Business Management, 51(1) 46-65 (2013) (with Galina Shirokova).
- Framing the Entrepreneurial Experience, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 36(1), (2012), (with D. Kuratko and M. Schindehutte).
- Behavioral Orientations of Nonprofit Boards as a Factor in Entrepreneurial Performance: Does Governance Matter? Journal of Management Studies, 48 (4) 829-856, (2011) (with S. Coombes and J. Allen).
- Understanding the Manifestation of Entrepreneurial Orientation in the Nonprofit Context, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 35 (5) (2011), (with J. Webb and R. Franklin).
- Inner City Engagement and the University: Mutuality, Emergence & Transformation, Entrepreneurship & Regional Development 23(5-6), 287-316 (2011) (with C. Watters, M. Schindehutte).
- Entrepreneurial Exit and Re-entry: An Exploratory Study of Turkish Entrepreneurs, Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship, 15(4), 439-460, (2011), (with A. Kocak).
- Experiencing Family Business Creation: Differences between Founders, Non-family Managers and Founders of Non-family Firms, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 34(6), 1057-1084 (2010), (with J. Allen, D. Kuratko and D. Brannon).
- Resource Acceleration: Extending Resource-based Theory in Entrepreneurial Ventures, Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship, 15, 2 (2010) (with D. Kuratko and D. Ireland).
- Properties of Balance Necessary for Corporate Entrepreneurship, Business Horizons, 52,5 (2009), (with J. van Vuuren, J. Cornwall and R. Scheepers).
- Advancing Strategic Entrepreneurship Research: The Role of Complexity Science in Shifting the Paradigm, Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, 33,1, 241-276 (2009)(with M. Schindehutte).
- Entrepreneurial Marketing Strategy: Lessons from the Red Queen, International Journal of Entrepreneurship & Innovation Management, 11, 1 (2010), (with M. Schindehutte).
- Capturing the Economic Model of the Entrepreneur: The Different Paths to Venture Profitability, Journal of Small Business & Entrepreneurship, 22(3) (2009) (with J. Allen and A. Murdoch).
- Understanding Market Driving Behavior: The Role of Entrepreneurship, Journal of Small Business Management, 46, 1, 4-26 (2008) (with M. Schindehutte and A. Kocak).
- Strategic Renewal as a Mediator of Environmental Effects on Public Sector Performance, Small Business Economics (forthcoming).
- Understanding the Dynamics of Entrepreneurship through Framework Approaches, Small Business Economics, (forthcoming)
- Revisiting the Entrepreneurial Context: Types of Ventures and Associated Identities, 2015 Academy of Management Meetings. (with Y. Jang and X. Neumeyer)
- The Ethics of Guerilla Behavior in Early Stage Firms, in S. Hoskinson and D. Kuratko (eds), Advances in the Study of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Economic Growth, Volume 25, Bradford, UK: Emerald Publishing. (With Y. Yang)
- The Role of Retirement in Entrepreneurial Firm Exit’, in Wennberg, K. and Detienne, D. (eds), Research Handbook of Entrepreneurial Exit, Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar, (pp 157-183).
- Building 21st Century University Entrepreneurship Programs that Empower and Transform, in S. Hoskinson and D. Kuratko, eds., Advances in the Study of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Economic Growth, Vol. 24, London: Emerald Publishing Group, pp. 1-24.
- Education and Entrepreneurship: Teaching the Unreasonable, Edward Elgar Concise Guide to Entrepreneurship, D. Audretsch, A. Link and C. Hayter, eds. Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing. (2015).
- Expertise, University Infrastructure and Cognitive Logic: Assessing Students Who Start Ventures, Proceedings, 2015 Annual Meetings, United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship.
- Addressing Contextual Ambiguity in Entrepreneurship Research, 2015 Academy of Management Meetings.
- Entrepreneurial Orientation and Firm Growth: A Configuration of the Firm’s Strategic Orientations and Environment’s Technological Sophistication, 2015 Academy of Management Meetings.
- Editor, Annals of Entrepreneurship Education and Pedagogy, Chichester, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing.
Nola Miyasaki, Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center
- Can Universities Really Help Students Start Ventures? Annals of Entrepreneurship Education and Pedagogy, Chichester, UK: Edward Elgar Publishing, pp.177-199.
Xaver Neumeyer, Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center
- Entrepreneurial Thinking in Interdisciplinary Student Teams, Advances in Engineering Education, Special Issue on Engineering Entrepreneurship Education (2014) (with A.F. McKenna).
- Examining the Role of Inquiry-Based Learning in Entrepreneurship Education, Proceedings of NCIIA’s 17th Annual Conference (2013), Washington, D.C.
- Assessing collaborative expertise in student design and innovation teams, Proceedings of the 7th Annual Interdisciplinary Network of Group research conference. 2012, INGroup: Chicago, IL (with M. Marasco and A.F. McKenna).
- The Link between Students’ Social Networks and Entrepreneurial Intention, Journal of Engineering Education, (forthcoming).
- Entrepreneurial Thinking in Interdisciplinary Student Teams (to appear in a 2015 special issue on entrepreneurship education), Advances in Engineering Education.
- Diffusion of Research-based Instructional Strategies: The Case of SCALE-UP, International Journal of STEM Education, 1(1), 1-18.
Jay Ritter, Department of Finance
- Local Underwriter Oligopolies and IPO Underpricing (2011). Journal of Financial Economics, 102(3), 579-601 (with X. Liu).
- The Economic Consequences of IPO Spinning (2010). Review of Financial Studies, hhq002 (with X. Liu).
- “Growth Capital-backed IPOs” (2014) (working paper), available at SSRN 2439907.
Steve Shugan, Department of Marketing
- Ignore Successful Followers–Entry is Still Urgent. Journal of Marketing Research, 46, 151-154 (2009).
Chien-Chi Tseng, Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center
- Connecting self-directed learning with entrepreneurial learning to entrepreneurial performance. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour & Research, 19(4), 425-446 (2013).
- Linking entrepreneurial infrastructures and new business development: A study of entrepreneurship development in Taiwan. Journal of Entrepreneurship, 21(1), 117-132 (2012).
- Connecting business incubator development with human resource development. Journal of Multidisciplinary Research, 3(2), 29-42 (2011).
- The influence of strategic learning practices on employee commitment. Journal of Multidisciplinary Research, 3(1), 5-23 (2011).
- Strategic HRD practices as key factors in organizational learning. Journal of European Industrial Training, 32(6), 418-432 92008) (with G. N. McLean).
- The efficiency of microfinance on entrepreneurial opportunity and economic competitiveness in emerging markets. 2014 United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship Annual Meeting. Fort Worth, Texas. (2014) (with M.H. Morris) (Best Paper in Social Entrepreneurship Award for 2014 USASBE)
- Connecting self-directed learning with entrepreneurial learning. 2013 Academy of Management Annual Meetings. Orlando, Florida (2013).
- Entrepreneurial efficiency, cultural development, and economic competence. 2013 United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship Conference. San Francisco, California (2013) (with J.J. Kraft).
- Cultural value, entrepreneurial opportunity, and economic growth in the impoverished economies. 2012 Academy of Management Annual Meetings. Boston, Massachusetts (2012).
- Linking entrepreneurial education practices, learning satisfaction, and learning effectiveness. 2012 National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance 16th Annual Conference. San Francisco, California (2012) (with J.J. Kraft).
- Strategic learning organization practices as key effects on organizational commitment and effectiveness. 2011 Academy of Management Annual Meeting. San Antonio, Texas (2011).
- Linking strategic organizational learning practices, learning satisfaction, and learning effectiveness. 2011 Strategic Management Society Annual Conference. Miami, Florida (2011).
- An examination of learning organization practices for small enterprises in Taiwan: Their effects on organizational commitment. 2011 United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship Annual Meeting. Hilton Head, South Carolina (2011).
- The impact of learning organization practices on small and medium enterprises’ organizational commitment and effectiveness. 2009 Academy of Management Annual Meeting. Chicago, Illinois (2009).
Jinhong Xie, Department of Marketing
- Survival in markets with network effects: Product compatibility and order-of-entry effects. Journal of Marketing, 74(4), 1-14 (2010) (with Q. Wang and Y. Chen).
Peter Zubcsek, Department of Marketing
- Product Ideation in Social Networks. Social Science Research Network Working Paper Series, (2013)(with A.T. Stephen and J. Goldenberg).
- Network effects and personal influences: The diffusion of an online social network. Journal of Marketing Research, 48(3), 425-443 (2011) (with Z. Katona and M. Sarvary).