Thank you for your interest in transferring to the Heavener School of Business at the University of Florida. Below, you will find the transfer requirements for the 5 on-campus programs that we offer. For transfer requirements for our fully online program, please visit the UF Online Business Program.
Business Degrees Offered On-Campus
For admission as a transfer student, you must meet both university requirements and Heavener School of Business requirements.
University transfer requirements:
- Earn an AA degree from a Florida Public institution or 60+ transferrable credit hours
- Provide proof of meeting the foreign language requirement
For additional requirements and information, please review the UF Admissions Office website.
Heavener School of Business requirements:
- Earn a 3.0+ overall GPA from all institutions attended
- Complete the seven required prerequisite courses with a 3.5+ GPA
- The most competitive applicants have all pre-requisites, with the GPA requirements, done at the time of application
- Applicants that have completed 2 or more Junior-/Senior-level business courses or 90+ transferrable credit hours (not including dual enrollment and AP/IB/AICE credit earned in high school) will not be eligible for admission into any on-campus Heavener School of Business major. All upper division Business courses must be taken at UF.
|Course Number||Course Title|
|ECO 2013||Principles of Macroeconomics|
|ECO 2023||Principles of Microeconomics|
|CGS 2531||Problem Solving Using Computers|
|STA 2023||Introduction to Statistics|
|MAC 2233||Survey of Calculus|
|ACG 2021||Introduction to Financial Accounting|
|ACG 2071||Intro to Managerial Accounting|
Applying for a Major in Finance, Marketing, Management or Information Systems? (Also known as BSBA)
You must complete all 7 courses by the end of spring for fall admission and the end of summer for spring admission. These majors are competitive and meeting the 3.5 prerequisite GPA does not ensure admission. If you apply for one of these majors and are not offered admission into it, you may be offered the Business General Studies major, as long as you meet the minimum requirements below.
Applying for a Major in Business General Studies? (Also known as BABA)
You must have 4 of the 7 completed (including Financial Accounting) by the application deadline (April 1) for fall admissions and the end of summer for spring admission. The others must be in progress and your current prerequisite GPA must be a 3.5+.
Note: Applicants that have completed 2 or more upper division business courses or 90+ transferrable credit hours will not be eligible for admission. All upper division Business courses must be taken at UF.
Application Deadlines and Decision Dates
|For Admission to||Deadline to Apply||Transcripts Due no later than||Decisions|
|Fall||April 1st||First week of May||BABA: January before Fall Rolling|
BSBA: First week of May
|Spring||September 15th||Second week of October||BABA: August before Spring Rolling|
BSBA: Third week of October
Note: This is so you have an opportunity to turn-in updated grades for any pre-requisites in-progress. The most competitive applicants have all pre-requisites done at the time of application.
Are You Coming From an Out-of-State or Florida Private Institution?
- For equivalencies regarding the seven prerequisite courses please refer to the equivalency page.
- For questions about equivalencies other than the seven prerequisite courses, please contact the main admissions office.
Have You Previously Attended UF and Have Sat Out for More Than Two Semesters (Including Summer)?
- You must apply for readmission.
- Please contact the Business Advising Office at 352-273-0165 to set up an appointment to speak with the advisor responsible for Readmission.
Are You Currently in High School and Plan to Finish Your AA Degree When You Graduate High School?
- All high School students will apply to the University as a traditional freshman, and indicate on their application that they will be receiving their AA upon graduation.
- If you are not accepted as a traditional freshman, you will then be referred to the college and evaluated based on our prerequisite requirements.
- Any questions regarding admissions for high school AA students after freshman decisions have been released should be directed to our main Admissions Coordinator. You can make an appointment online.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I still be admitted if I do not meet the admissions requirements?
The requirements listed here are the basic requirements. If you do not meet these, you will not be admitted to the on-campus program. You may, though, be considered for all the programs we off including our online program.
- When are decisions released?
Review the Application Deadlines and Decision Dates table.
- How do I make an appointment?
You can schedule an appointment with the Admissions Coordinator.
- What is the difference between the BSBA and the BABA?
Each major has their own respective page:
- If I am accepted as a General Business Major, can I switch to Finance later on?
Once you have been accepted as a specific major, you cannot switch majors at a later date.
- If I apply for one of the BSBA competitive majors and am not offered admission, am I automatically considered for the Business General Studies major?
Yes. If we are not able to offer you your first choice in major, we will consider you for all of the programs in the Heavener School, including the online programs.
- Who do I contact if I have a question about my transcripts being received?
All questions regarding receipt of transcripts or other application materials should be directed to the UF Admissions Office.
- How will my prerequisite GPA be calculated?
The prerequisite GPA is an average of all seven prerequisite courses (or their equivalents). It is important to note that UF does not offer grade forgiveness—when we calculate your prerequisite GPA, we include all of your attempts at our prerequisite courses (or their equivalents), except once you earn a grade of “C” or higher in a prerequisite course (or its equivalent), no higher grade that is subsequently earned will count toward this GPA. In other words, once you earn a grade of “C” or higher in a prerequisite course, you cannot retake the course to improve your GPA.
- Is MAC 2234 (Business Calculus 2) required for students applying for the Finance major?
No, it is not required. It is recommended, if you have the option of taking it at your school. We understand that some colleges do not offer this course.
- What if I received college credit for one of the 7 prerequisite courses by passing a test, like AP/IB/AICE?
Test credit can be used to meet a course requirement. The test simply counts as passing and is not factored in the calculation of the prerequisite GPA. Refer to the UF catalog for what UF courses are awarded for passing certain exams.
- I am currently a student at UF and want to change my major to Business. Who do I contact?
You should contact the Advising Office in Heavener. Their number is 352-273-0165. This information is for students coming from other institutions.