Bachelor of Science in Accounting
The Bachelor of Science in Accounting (BSAc) degree is a four year program that provides an excellent foundation in accounting and business. Its conceptual focus is designed to prepare students for success in a constantly evolving business environment and to also prepare students for graduate studies.
- Admission Requirements and Application
- Application Deadline
- BSAc Curriculum and Course Sequencing
- Undergraduate Accounting Course Availability
- Policies for Current Students
- Academic Learning Compact
- Financial Aid
Students enrolled in the BSAc Program are eligible to submit an application for early admission to graduate school via our combined 3/2 Program.
Some students enter the Fisher School of Accounting with the intention of limiting their accounting studies at the University of Florida to undergraduate coursework. These students often view the BSAc degree as providing valuable preparation for post-graduate studies in areas other than accounting (e.g., law) or may intend to complete graduate accounting studies at another institution.
Students are cautioned that completion of the BSAc degree alone will not satisfy the licensure requirements to practice as a CPA in the State of Florida. Students aspiring to a career in professional accounting should plan on seeking admission to the 3/2 Program. We have not made a determination as to whether the BSAc program meets educational requirements in any other state or jurisdiction. For information regarding eligibility to sit for the CPA exam, and obtain CPA licensure, for all states and jurisdictions, visit the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy.
Is Accounting Right for You?
Accounting is more than sitting at a computer and conducting careful ﬁnancial calculations. Accountants of today work closely with clients to develop lasting professional relationships. Accountants can work in any ﬁeld you can think of, from the “Big Four” ﬁrms to non-proﬁt organizations. Accounting can provide a meaningful and fulﬁlling career for anyone interested! This is a brief guide of tools to help you determine if Accounting is right for you.
Fisher School of Accounting Tools:
- Consider enrolling in our Professional Speaker Series, ACG 3802
- Take advantage of ﬁrms visiting in the fall and spring and stay up to date on who will be where with the FSOA Calendar
- Sign up for the FSOA Weekly Announcements
- Join the Florida Students of Accounting Council
- Still unsure of what to do? Visit the University of Florida Career Resource Center!
Other Online Resources: