November 29, 2021

Students in Retailing

Grace Turner

My name is Grace Turner, and I am a senior pursuing a Bachelor Science degree in Marketing with a minor in Retail and a combined Master’s in Information Systems and Operations Management. I am currently interning with the National Retail Federation (NRF) as a Foundation Intern. There are a couple full circle moments here as I received my previous summer internship with Kohl’s through the NRF Foundation’s Virtual Career Fair last fall. Then, this fall, the Miller Retail Center introduced me to this internship with the Foundation!

My internship duties really all lead up to the NRF Student Program in NYC in January. I manage the registration system for this event, analyze registration and participation data for our fall programming, track participation among our university member schools (UF is one of them!) and execute the Student Program through event planning and logistics.

The NRF Foundation is rooted in the concept of accelerating student careers in retail through recruiter chats, career fairs, resume & interviewing tips, scholarships and more. Check them out & register for the Student Program, Jan.13th-16th in NYC, to listen to retail experts and make valuable connections!