Graduation / Commencement
Please follow all of the proper procedures and don’t hesitate to contact Jessica Samson if you have any questions or concerns. Failure to meet all of the rules and regulations listed could delay a students’ graduation date and the receipt of their degree/diploma, which could be both time-consuming and costly.
1. Submit a Degree Application
Students must submit a degree application on ONE.UF by the published deadline for the semester in which they intend to graduate, regardless of whether they are applying for the BS or the MS. Students applying for their BS should do a graduation check with the Heavener School of Business. Degree applications are term specific and do not roll from one semester to the next. If you submitted a degree application for a previous semester and did not graduate, you will need to re-apply.
2. Verify Degree Requirements
Students are responsible for verifying that they meet all degree requirements for the Master of Science in Information Systems and Operations Management. They can do this by reviewing their transcripts on ONE.UF and cross-checking them with the course requirements for their specific track on the MS-ISOM Program Curriculum web page.
3. Complete a Degree Audit
Graduating students are strongly encouraged to complete a degree audit with their advisor before the end of drop/add for the semester in which they intend to graduate. Traditional Master’s and Combination Degree students should consult Jessica Samson.
Preparedness for graduation is based on:
- Completing a minimum of 36 credits for students with a business background and 40 credits for those without a business background and all course requirements for the designated track. Letter grades of C-, D+, D, D- or E are not considered passing at the graduate level and therefore any required course for which such grades have been assigned must be repeated.
- Being registered for at least two credits in the semester in which the student intends to graduate.
- Completing all degree requirements, including a minimum grade point average of B (3.00 truncated) in the major (i.e. only courses offered under the Department section of the graduate catalog) and in all work attempted in the graduate program, including a minor where appropriate. Email your advisor to calculate your GPA for MS-ISOM.
- Clearing all incompletes or other unresolved grades by the midpoint deadline published on the UF Graduate School’s Critical Dates web page.
- Filing a degree application with the Office of the University Registrar by the deadline published on the Graduate School’s Critical Dates web page. (The degree application can be accessed on ONE.UF under “My Record.” Check the box “Master of Science” on the application.)
4. International Students Only: Apply for Your Optional Practical Training
Visit the UF International Center’s website to learn about Optional Practical Training (OPT).