Florida Accounting Symposium
September 13-14, 2019, Gainesville, FL
- If you are staying at the AC hotel in Gainesville, you will not need parking. The AC hotel offers parking, and is across the street from Gerson Hall.
- If you are staying at another hotel or just coming to Gainesville for the day, you will need to get your token from the information booth (outside Gerson Hall). The staff member working in the information booth will direct you on where to park. The information booth is highlighted on the Visitor Parking Map.
- There is not any guaranteed parking on campus for the weekend. There are several other events going on this weekend. Taxi, Uber or Lyft are probably your best option.
AC Hotel Gainesville Downtown
151 NW 14th Street, Gainesville, FL 32603
Call for Papers
Accounting researchers from all accounting Ph.D. granting institutions within Florida are invited to submit manuscripts to the fifth annual Florida Accounting Symposium (FAS). The FAS’ objective is to facilitate the interaction of accounting researchers (especially junior faculty and doctoral students) and the exchange of research ideas in the great Sunshine State. The University of Florida, Florida State University, and University of Miami will take turns hosting the annual FAS. The fifth conference will be held on September 13-14 in Gainesville, Florida.
The 2019 FAS submission deadline is July 15, 2019. Papers will be selected by the Program Committee. Submitting authors will be notified of the program committee’s decisions no later than August 10.
Both accounting faculty and doctoral students from accounting Ph.D. granting institutions within Florida are invited to attend the conference. Registration before August 19 is required but no registration fee is charged. The conference will start with lunch at noon on Friday, September 13, and end right after lunch on Saturday, September 14. We will follow the same conference format as last year.
For submissions and questions, please contact:
University of Florida
Phone: (352) 273-0222
Program Committee for the 2019 FAS:
Bruce Billings, Florida State University
Diana Falsetta, University of Miami
Marcus Kirk, University of Florida
Rick Morton, Florida State University
Sundaresh Ramnath, University of Miami
Jennifer Wu Tucker, University of Florida
- Friday, 1:30pm – The dissemination and pricing of street earnings. Eric Weisbrod (University of Miami)
- Friday, 2:20pm – Promoting proactive auditing behaviors. Mike Ricci (University of Florida)
- Friday, 3:30pm – Price discovery and analysts’ cash flow forecasts. Sami Keskek (Florida State University)
- Friday, 4:20pm – Initial audit engagement discounts through the lens of time. Nick Cicone (University of Florida)
- Saturday, 9:00am – Disclosure spillover: evidence from going-private activity. Jeffery Piao (University of Florida)
- Saturday, 9:50am – The optional qualitative assessment in impairment tests. Jake Krupa (University of Miami)
- Saturday, 11:00am – Analyst extraversion and information gathering. Diana Weng (University of Florida)
- Saturday, 11:50am – Internal control risk and initial audit pricing. Dana Wallace (University of Central Florida)