UF in Vietnam Application Checklist
It is strongly recommended that you discuss options with a Heavener International Programs advisor prior to selecting a program. Once you have chosen your specific program, follow the steps below.
Complete the following steps by the application deadline:
- Open an application
- Go to UF in Vietnam and click the “Apply Now” button. Login using your GatorLink username. Select desired term and click “Apply.”
- You may begin filling out the Questionnaires (including the Budget Worksheet) and Signature Documents or otherwise wait until after your appointment with a Heavener School of Business International Programs advisor (see below).
- Meet with a Heavener School of Business International Programs advisor
- Call 352-273-0151 to set up an appointment.
- During this appointment, the Academic Advising Form will be filled out, where you will discuss courses and program structure. You will also have your photo taken. If time permits, the résumé and Budget Worksheet will be discussed. You may wish to set up additional appointments to go over the résumé Budget Worksheet further, if needed.
- Submit your résumé
- The résumé should be uploaded in the corresponding questionnaire in the online application.
- The document can be resubmitted if you need to make further edits.
- Interview with Heavener School of Business International Programs advisor
- Students will be contacted to complete an interview with the Heavener International Programs office by approximately the end of February.
- Note that if you are highly prepared (résumé, program knowledge, etc.) during your first advising appointment with the Heavener International Programs office, you may not need to complete an additional interview appointment.
- Finish application
- Turn in the Academic Advising Form to the UF International Center (170 the HUB).
- Ensure all Questionnaires and Signature Documents are complete on the online application.
- Pay the deposit of $375 via the online application.
At this stage, your application will be reviewed by the Heavener International Programs office and UF International Center. If your application is approved, you will have additional tasks to complete prior to departure (see below).
- Obtain/Renew passport
- If you do not have a passport, or if your current passport is set to expire sooner than six months after your expected return date, you must obtain a new passport.
- Visit Travel.State.Gov for more information.
- You will need to have this passport almost immediately after the program deadline. Choose expedited service only if needed.
- Apply for scholarships
- Apply for a Heavener School of Business scholarship. Deadlines and online application are on the website.
- Apply for a UFIC scholarship.
- Apply for a CAPA scholarship.
- Review additional possible scholarships.
- If you receive a Pell Grant, consider applying for the Benjamin A. Gilman scholarship.
- Research other scholarship opportunities; the list above is not comprehensive.
Note that scholarships have different requirements, deadlines, and notification dates. Some require an open study abroad program application, some require an approved study abroad program application, etc.
Complete the following tasks after your application is approved:
- Emergency Contact Information
- Complete the questionnaire on your UF study abroad application online
- Attend the First Meeting
- This meeting is mandatory. You will meet the rest of the students on the program, and all of the post-approval tasks will be reviewed.
- Interview with internship placement office (CRCC)
- Students will be contacted to complete a phone interview with the internship placement office (CRCC) by approximately mid-March.
- Students typically receive confirmation of acceptance and information about their internship placement within 30 days of the interview.
- Passport Information
- Complete the questionnaire on your UF study abroad application online. The passport upload should be a color scan of the data and signature pages.
- The passport must be signed and valid at least six months after your expected return date.
- Non-U.S. citizens should also upload a copy of their visa for the U.S.
- Clear Registration Holds
- The Heavener International Programs office will register you for the two program courses, as there are special sections reserved for study abroad students.
- Do not register yourself, add, drop, or change any courses without notifying the Heavener International Programs office.
- Flight Information
- Complete the questionnaire on your UF study abroad application online.
- Refer to the program website for arrival and departure dates. Always double-check with the Heavener International Programs office prior to booking if you are unsure about the flight.
- Attend the Pre-Departure Session
- This session is mandatory and will cover important information and details specific to the program.
- Attend the Study Abroad Survival Session
- This session is mandatory and will cover general pointers about how to navigate a semester abroad.
- Attend the GEB 4956 class sessions
- This class is completed between the end of the spring semester and the designated departure date to Vietnam.
- Students are encouraged to plan proactively for housing arrangements in Gainesville during this time.