The Spanish (SH) area of specialization is offered through the Department of Spanish and Portuguese Studies in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences for students interested in exploring a second language. For career information visit the UF Career Connections Center.
Students are required to have a minimum of four classes totaling 12 hours from any of the 3000-4000 level courses listed below and maintain a minimum 2.0 area of specialization GPA. Be sure to check course prerequisite requirements. Visit the Undergraduate Catalog Courses page to find more details for each course.
- SPN 3300 Spanish Grammar and Composition 1 or SPN 3350 Spanish Grammar and Composition for Bilinguals
- SPN 3301 Spanish Grammar and Composition 2 or SPN 4314 Advanced Composition and Syntax for Bilinguals
- SPN 3510 Culture and Civilization of Spain or SPN 3520 Culture and Civilization of Spanish-America
- SPN 3440 Commercial Spanish
- SPN 3414 Advanced Spanish Conversation 2
- SPN 4930 Spanish in U.S.
- Any 3000-4000 level SPN and SPW course in Literature, Language, or Linguistics excluding SPN 4905 and SPW 4905
You are always welcome to meet with an advisor in the Heavener School of Business, however, advising specifically related to Spanish is available through the Department of Spanish and Portuguese Studies in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. For registration, scheduling, and area-specific questions, please contact:
A minor is available in this area of specialization. To complete the minor students must earn 18 credit hours with a minimum of a 2.5 cumulative GPA and all individual class grades of a C or higher. You can find out more about the Spanish minor in the Undergraduate Catalog.