The Management and Sales in Agribusiness (MSA) area of specialization is offered through the Department of Food and Resource Economics (FRE) in the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences to students interested management, marketing and sales with a focus in food manufacture and distribution. Students explore topics in technical sales, labor management, and methods to improve organizational teamwork, productivity, performance and enterprise success. Courses for the minor emphasize oral presentations, written assignments and group projects. Career opportunities are available in food manufacturing industries, sales, labor management, federal and state agencies. For career information visit the UF Career Connections Center.
Students are required to have a minimum of four classes totaling 12 hours from any of the 3000-4000 level courses listed below and maintain a minimum 2.0 area of specialization GPA. Be sure to check course prerequisite requirements. Visit the Undergraduate Catalog Courses page to find more details for each course.
- AEB 3341 Selling Strategically or
- AEB 3300 Agricultural and Food Marketing
- AEB 3144 Introduction to Agricultural Finance
- AEB 3122 Financial Planning in Agribusiness
- AEB 3315 Futures Markets and Risk Management
- AEB 4138 Advanced Agribusiness Management
- AEB 4242 International Trade Policy in Agriculture
- AEB 4342 Agricultural and Food Marketing Management
- AEB 4343 International Agribusiness Marketing
- AEB 4424 Human Resources Management in Agribusiness
You are always welcome to meet with an advisor in the Heavener School of Business, however, advising specifically related to Management and Sales in Agribusiness is available through the Food and Resource Economics Department in the College of Agricultural & Life Sciences. For registration, scheduling, and area-specific questions, please contact:
1170 McCarty Hall A
A minor is available in this area of specialization. To complete the minor students must earn 15 credit hours with a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA. You can find out more about the Management and Sales in Agribusiness minor in the Undergraduate Catalog.