UF in Europe: Ireland, France and Italy
Offered every fall semester
Why study abroad in one country, when you have the option of three in one semester?
The Heavener School of Business International Programs is offering its first ever multi-country program. In collaboration with St. John’s University (SJU) the program will host students in Limerick, Ireland; Paris, France, and Rome, Italy. Students will spend five weeks in each of the cities studying with a cohort of business students from the Tobin College of Business at St. John’s University.
While living in each of these historic cities students will complete UF online business courses, take SJU classes in a variety of disciplines, engage with the local communities through corporate office visits, guest lectures from local business leaders and participation in cultural excursions. For the last decade, Heavener has partnered with St. John’s University to provide international education opportunities to our students and we are excited to launch this amazing three-city study abroad program this fall.
- Fall 2019 dates: August 20 to December 13
- Country Rotation: Limerick > Paris > Rome
- Cost: $16,437
- Students must take 1 in-person course at each location and one or two semester-long UF online business course/s (Credits 13-17)
- Group flights within Europe are included in the cost of the program
- Many meals also included
from August 20th
- Students reside at Pery’s Hotel, located in the historic Georgian neighborhood of Limerick City
- Students are housed in double rooms with private bath
- The hotel has a small on-site gym and sauna
- Students are provided a full Irish breakfast at Pery’s Hotel, Monday through Thursday
- Lunch is provided on campus Monday – Thursday
- Discounted evening meals are available for purchase at the hotel
- Proposed excursions include a trip to the Cliffs of Moher, an Irish dance class, and a visit to see a Rugby match.
- Business-specific lectures and site visits will also be scheduled
from September 26th
- Students live in St. John’s University Paris campus, located in the popular Saint-Germain district
- Double rooms with in-room sinks and shared bathrooms
- On-site cafeteria offer students breakfast and dinner, Monday through Thursday
- Facilities also include a student lounge with microwave, toaster oven, and refrigerators
- Students participate in weekly excursions, such as walking tours of Le Marais and Montmartre and visits to the Arc de Triomphe and Versailles
- Business-specific lectures and site visits will be scheduled
from November 7th
- Students reside in the historic Prati neighborhood, in St. John’s University Rome campus
- Double and triple rooms (triples furnished with mini fridges) and shared bathrooms
- Three fully stocked kitchens in the building allow students to cook meals
- Students also receive €45 in meal tickets per week that can be used in restaurants and grocery stores throughout Rome
The program’s partner school: St John’s University, Queens, NY
The program will be held on the Paris and Rome campuses of St John’s University, one of America’s leading Catholic universities. In Ireland, courses will be taught at the facilities of Mary Immaculate College.
- Students must have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA.
- Students are required to take one or two UF electronic platform courses.
- Students must have a valid passport.
Fall: April 1st
Program applications are located on the UF International Center website. Students are not accepted into the program until they submit their application and $375 deposit to the UF International Center. Please note that the program operates on a first-come-first-serve basis and may reach full capacity prior to the application deadline.
Earn 14 – 17 Credit Hours
Choose one or two online UF Business Courses (4 or 8 UF credits):
- MAN 3025: Principles of Management
- MAR 3023: Principles of Marketing
- BUL 4310: Business Law
- ENT 3003: Principles of Entrepreneurship
- GEB 3373: International Business
- MAN4504: Operations Management
- ART 1095C: Monuments of World Architecture (5 weeks)
- PHI 2200C: Ethics (5 weeks)
- ART 1795A: The City of Rome
- IB 3341: International Business (equivalent to GEB3373)
- ITA 1010C: Italian Level I
- PHI 3000: Metaphysics
- THE 3305: Moral Theology of the Marketplace
- ART 1775A: Art & Architecture in France
- ECO 1320: Economics of Poverty and Income Inequality
- FRE 1010C: French Level I
- THE 2810: Religions of the World
- August 20: UF online classes begin
- August 20 – Students arrive in Limerick
- August 21-23 – SJU Orientation
- August 26 – SJU Limerick classes begin
- September 26 – Travel to Paris
- September 27 – SJU Orientation
- September 30 – SJU Paris classes begin
- October 19 – October 27: SJU semester break
- November 7 – Travel to Rome
- November 8-9 – SJU Rome Orientation
- November 11 – SJU Rome classes begin
- November 25 – Last day to drop a UF course
- December 4 – UF classes end
- December 7-13 – UF Final Exams
- December 12 – Last day of SJU classes
- December 13 – Program ends – students must vacate residence by noon
Estimated Program Fee
- $16,437: Fall ’19
Other Estimated Expenses:
- Meals: $1000*
- Books and Supplies: $350
- Airfare: $1500*
- Personal Expenses: $2000*
* Expenses vary depending on student preferences
The currency in Europe is the Euro.
Terms of Agreement
Students assume full responsibility for the cost of the program by the following date:
- Fall: July 1
Students on the participant list as of this date become financially obligated. Only in extreme circumstances (e.g., serious personal injury, family emergency, etc.) will a student be allowed to petition to remove him/herself from the list of participants prior to the start of the program. Petitions will be reviewed by the Associate Dean of the School of Business.