Credits: 2 (Fall Module 2 and Spring Module 4)
Catalog Description: Second of a two-course sequence. Applies the concepts and theory of auditing to gain assurance about key business processes and financial statement assertions. Coverage includes: audit sampling, revenue process, acquisition process, human resource management process, inventory management, resource management processes; completion activities, audit reports and subsequent events.
Prerequisite: ACG 5637 “C”, AC standing.
Sample Topic Outline:
- Business Measurement and Analytical Evidence
- Planning the Audit of Financial Statement Assertion
- Auditing Marketing, Sales and Distribution
- Audit Sampling
- Auditing Supply Chain and Production
- Auditing Resource Management Processes
- Completing the Audit
- Audit Reporting Model
- Legal Environment of Auditing