Until further notice, FSOA academic advising is being handled virtually, primarily via the Zoom video conferencing app, or via phone if necessary. See below for more information on advising.
If you have a form that needs to be signed, you can email it to your advisor. Please note that it’s very difficult to work with “scans” of documents that are saved as images (.jpg, .gif, etc.). If you don’t have a scanner, try your Notes app (iPhone) or Google Drive (Android), or download a scanning app like Adobe Scan. All of these options allow you to take photos of documents, turn them into pdfs, and email them. You can adjust the borders, and scan multiple pages into one document. Note that some forms may require an appointment with an advisor, and in general forms may take a few business days to return.
In planning your program of study, and for questions not answered on our website, we encourage you to seek the help of our undergraduate or graduate advisors. Undergraduate students are expected to familiarize themselves with the Undergraduate Academic Advising Syllabus.
Appointments can be arranged through the School’s receptionist by emailing FSOA. You may also call (352) 273-0200.
Examples of Questions Requiring a Formal Advising Appointment:
- Questions regarding future scheduling beyond one semester
- Graduation Checks
- Students seeking to add a minor
- Any questions requiring confidentiality
Walk-in Advising for Undergraduates
The link will be included in our weekly announcement e-mail for those who are subscribed, or you may e-mail FSOA to request it. If you do not already receive our weekly announcement email, you can subscribe to the FSOA listserv.
Walk-in advising sessions are designed to answer quick questions and last no longer than five to ten minutes. Walk-in advising cannot develop an extensive plan of study beyond one term, resolve complex questions, or address matters requiring privacy. Walk-in advising is also available during the drop/add period of fall, spring, and summer terms.
Common Types of Undergraduate Walk-in Advising Questions:
- Degree audit problems or questions
- Questions clarifying FSOA Student Handbook policies (not requiring confidentiality)
- Registration questions (holds, prerequisites, scheduling for next term)
- Questions relating to dropping a course during the current term
- Universal Tracking holds and FSOA holds
- Undergraduate, 3/2, or 4/1 MAcc application questions
- Access to University Resources (Study Abroad, Wellness Center, Bursar, Career Resource Center, etc.)
*Please note that we will do our best to assist you in walk-ins. While we may be able to answer your immediate question during walk-in advising, additional assistance may require an appointment in the future.