In planning your program of study, and for questions not answered on our website, we encourage you to seek the help of our undergraduate or graduate advisors. Advisors are located in our administrative offices, 210 Gerson Hall. Undergraduate students are expected to familiarize themselves with the Undergraduate Academic Advising Syllabus.
Appointments can be arranged through the School’s receptionist (352) 273-0200. Students who wait to schedule an academic advising session near or during advanced registration may experience delays due to the high volume of traffic during that time. To avoid delays schedule your appointment during the “quieter” times of the term (about a month into a new semester) so we can give you the time and attention you need. Same-day appointments are not available.
Examples of Questions Requiring a Formal Advising Appointment:
- Questions regarding future scheduling beyond one semester
- Graduation Checks
- Students seeking to add a minor
- Any questions requiring confidentiality
Walk-in Advising for Undergraduates
Please note that for 3/29/19 and 4/5/19 only, walk-in advising sessions will be 11:00am-4:00pm instead of the hours posted below.
Available on Fridays from 8:30am to 1:00pm during fall and spring semesters. Walk-in advising sessions are designed to answer quick questions and last no longer than five to ten minutes. Walk-in advising cannot develop an extensive plan of study beyond one term, resolve complex questions, or address matters requiring privacy. Walk-in advising is also available during the drop/add period of fall, spring, and summer terms.
Common Types of Undergraduate Walk-in Advising Questions:
- Degree audit problems or questions
- Questions clarifying FSOA Student Handbook policies (not requiring confidentiality)
- Registration questions (holds, prerequisites, scheduling for next term)
- Questions relating to dropping a course during the current term
- Universal Tracking holds and FSOA holds
- Undergraduate, 3/2, or 4/1 MAcc application questions
- Access to University Resources (Study Abroad, Wellness Center, Bursar, Career Resource Center, etc.)
*Please note that we will do our best to assist you in walk-ins. While we may be able to answer your immediate question during walk-in advising, additional assistance may require an appointment in the future.