- What are Modules?
Modules divide the semester into two halves. The first half of the Fall term is Module One and the second half is Module Two. Similarly, the first half of the Spring semester is Module Three and the second half is Module Four. Module courses are seven weeks long, plus an additional week for exams. There is typically a week break between modules.
- How can I determine which courses are modular and in which module a course is offered?
The University Schedule of Courses does not communicate information regarding modules. This information is provided on the School’s webpage under the Graduate Accounting Availability, Graduate Approved Electives, and Graduate Core Courses links.
- Why do some modules begin earlier than the University Academic calendar?
To ensure sufficient contact time in class, graduate modules frequently begin before the University calendar. Important dates for module courses are not posted on the University Academic calendar and can only be found in Module Dates.
- I registered for a Module 2 (or 4) course at the beginning of the semester, but no longer plan to take the class. How do I drop the course before the module begins?
You can adjust your schedule using ONE.UF any time before the drop/add deadline. Schedule adjustment drop/add deadlines are listed in Module Dates.
Remember even though you can use ONE.UF to adjust your schedule, you must still meet all course prerequisites, and there must be seats available in the section you seek to add. Also, some approved electives require you to seek help to add certain courses to your schedule—this still applies. The comment section on the approved elective page instructs you who to contact for help with these courses.
- I registered and paid for a Module 2 or 4 course at the beginning of the semester, but will be dropping the course during schedule adjustment. When can I expect to receive a refund?
Refunds for Module 2 or 4 courses dropped during schedule adjustment typically take two weeks to process and are added to your Student Financial Services account. For questions about fees, report to S113 Criser Hall.
- During Module 2/4 schedule adjustment I dropped a 2 credit module and added a two credit module. Why did I receive a bill from financial services?
Even if you are adding a course and dropping a course with the same number of credits, material and supply fees may not be the same amount for all courses, and you may owe money to Student Financial Services. For questions about fees, report to S113 Criser Hall.
- I added a course during the Module 2/4 schedule adjustment period. When must the additional tuition and fees be paid?
To avoid a late fee, all amounts due must be paid by the “fees due date” listed in Module Dates. Note that if you get tickets to sporting events, fees due will have to be paid prior to picking up the tickets. For questions about fees, report to S113 Criser Hall.