Peer Leader Application Process
Please note that Peer Leader applications open on October 5th and are due October 25th by 11:59 pm. Applications are for Peer Leaders teaching in the Summer B 2021 semester and a select number of positions for Fall 2021.
Warrington Welcome Peer Leader applicants should save the following dates:
- One-on-one Interviews via Zoom: Monday, November 2nd – Friday, November 6th
- Peer Leader Retreat via Zoom: November 13th – time TBD
Also, note that if you are selected to be a Peer Leader, you are required to take the two-credit Peer Leader training course in the Spring 2021 semester. The course is tentatively taught on Wednesdays from 11:45 am-1:40 pm.
The Warrington Welcome Peer Leader application includes an online written application, video application, and resume. Individuals selected to advance to the second round will be invited to an individual interview via Zoom. If you are selected for an interview, your Warrington Welcome instructors will be sent a short reference form on your behalf.
Online Written Application
- Personal information
- Free response questions
- Attach a copy of your resume (in PDF form)
- Attach the link to your video – Instructions to Create Link for Video Application:
- Log in to your UF email (ufl.edu).
- Once signed in, click on the box at the top left of the page (3×3 square next to “Office 365”)
- Then select OneDrive from the list.
- Select upload, and choose the video file that you want to submit.
- After the video file has uploaded to your OneDrive, select the file and click share.
- Select “Get a link,” then “Create link.”
Be sure to click on the option to create a link where “Anyone with this link can see the file.”
- Copy the link and add it to your application.
- Make sure the link actually works by sending it to a friend before adding it to your application.
Get creative and show us your passion for and interest in this position. Your video should be no longer than four minutes long. You will submit this through the online written application.
For the video, please answer the following prompts:
- Tell us about yourself.
- How will your greatest strength help you perform as a Peer Leader?
- Teach us something new in two minutes.