Peer Leader Application
The Warrington Welcome Peer Leader application includes an online written application, video application, and a resume. Individuals selected to advance to the second round will be invited to an individual interview. If you are selected for an interview, your Warrington Welcome instructors will be sent a short reference form on your behalf.
The Warrington Welcome Peer Leaders (PLs) is a community of more than 40 students of different majors, interests, and backgrounds that are united by their passion for Warrington Welcome and helping the newest generation of Gators year after year.
New PLs have the opportunity to:
- Develop and teach a curriculum alongside a Warrington faculty member.
- Attend monthly socials, forums, and workshops to connect with other PLs.
- Volunteer at the Warrington Welcome Professional Development Summit and network with student organizations.
- And more!
Please note that the Warrington Welcome Peer Leader application open on September 12th and are due September 29th by 5:00 pm. Applications are for Peer Leaders teaching in the Summer B 2024, Fall 2024, or Spring 2025 semesters.
Warrington Welcome Peer Leader applicants should save the following dates:
- Interviews: Monday, October 16th – Wednesday, October 18th
- Peer Leader Retreat: Friday, November 3rd – 1:00-5:00pm
Also, note that if you are selected to be a Peer Leader, you are required to take the two-credit Peer Leader training course in the Spring 2024 semester.
Online Written Application
- Personal information
- Free response questions
- Attach a copy of your resume (in PDF form)
- Attach the link to your video – Instructions to Create Link for Video Application:
- Log in to your UF email (ufl.edu).
- Once signed in, click on the box at the top left of the page (3×3 square next to “Office 365”)
- Then select OneDrive from the list.
- Select upload, and choose the video file that you want to submit.
- After the video file has uploaded to your OneDrive, select the file and click share.
- Select “Get a link,” then “Create link.”
Be sure to click on the option to create a link where “Anyone with this link can see the file.”
- Copy the link and add it to your application.
- Make sure the link works by sending it to a friend before adding it to your application.
Get creative and show us your passion for and interest in this position. Your video should be no longer than four minutes long. You will submit this through the online written application.
For the video, please answer the following prompts:
- Tell us about yourself.
- How will your greatest strength help you perform as a Peer Leader?
- Teach us something new in two minutes.