Information on the profile pages can come from various sources including UF and Warrington data, as well as Digital Measures and our Newsroom. As faculty and staff of Warrington, you can edit much of your own information. Note that edits in our College directory database or Digital Measures may take a few hours to show up on your profile, however, edits to UF’s information in myUFL will take up to 24 hours.
UF & Warrington Data
While you have access to edit some information, designated directory editors have received training and access to make edits for people in their department. In addition to what you can edit, they can also make some changes to positions, titles, and affiliations.
Designated Directory Editors
College Directory Database
To make edits to directory information, go to the College directory login and use the search feature to find your entry. The editable information includes:
- Public & Personal tabs: These two tabs show some basic information about you. The blue “UF” links will take you to myUFL. Please see the myUFL section below for more information on where to edit your UF directory information.
- Links tab:
- Homepage: If you have a professional website, enter the full web address in the field provided. It must begin with http:// or https:// to be valid.
- CV: You can now upload your own CV! The upload will only accept PDFs. New CV links may take a few hours to show up on your profile page. When your CV needs to be updated, use the button to upload it again. The URL will remain the same, so links and bookmarks won’t break. Since the URL is not changing, your browser may cache the file so you will need to clear the cache to view your updated CV. Check our PDF tips for best searchable results in Google or other search engines in the footnotes .
- Google Scholars: If you have a Google Scholars profile, you may paste that web address in this field.
- Social links: It’s a great idea to include a link to your LinkedIn on your directory profile! Additionally, if you use Twitter for professional purposes, you’re also welcome to list that link. Questions about this or social media best practices? Reach out to Laura Vickery, social media manager at Warrington.
- Employee tab: positions and affiliations can only be edited by designated directory editors. Please see the footnote section for more information on titles, positions, and roles .
- Settings tab:
- Hide Me: checking this will hide your listing from the public Warrington directory, but we highly recommend that you leave it showing.
- Hide News: checking this will hide your Warrington news feed from your profile page.
- Pronunciation Key: optionally, if you have a name that is hard to pronounce, you may spell it phonetically in this field. This will show up below your name on your profile page.
- Short Bio: Add or edit your biography text.
- Research Areas: If you have research areas, you can add or edit them in this area. They will be displayed in the order they are entered.
- Digital Measures: While you cannot edit Digital Measures data here, you can control how much of each data set displays on your profile. Set individual items in this section to be public or private. Private will hide that set of data from your profile page. Some items will allow you to set the number of years to show for that particular data set.
If you are editing your information and have questions, please contact your designated directory editor. If a designated directory editor has questions, they should contact Laura Braden.
When viewing an entry in the College directory database, a small “UF” link next to some information indicates that it comes from UF’s data. Clicking the “UF” link will take you to myUFL. From there, go to the Main Menu, My Account, and then Update My Directory Profile. We are using the “Chosen Name” for our directory profiles. If you want this to be different from your “Legal Name” make sure the box for “Use my legal name” is not checked. Update the information as needed. It may take up to 24 hours for these changes to show up on your profile.
To set up a photo session, please contact Ben Simons. If you already have a photo from a session with him, let him know which one you would like to use for your profile page. For branding purposes, the College would prefer photos taken by Ben but if you prefer a portrait from another source, please email a high-resolution, uncropped version to the Warrington Webmaster. Once we have your chosen photo, we will crop, size and upload it for your directory profile.
Digital Measures Data
Departments may have their own designated Digital Measures editors, different from the directory editor list above. However, faculty can go to the Digital Measures login and make changes to their own information which includes, but is not limited to:
- Education: note that the “Highest Degree You Have Earned” will need to be edited by Mike King, as it is used as an accreditation metric.
- Publications: individual publications can be set to be hidden from profile pages.
- Courses taught: please use full, unabbreviated course titles.
If you have any questions about Digital Measures, please contact Mike King.
Warrington News Feed
If you have a news feed on your profile page, it is coming from the Warrington Newsroom website and is based on articles that you are tagged in. This news feed can be hidden using the College directory database and going to the Settings tab, then checking where it says “Hide News”. If you have questions about articles in the Warrington Newsroom, please reach out to Cody Jones or Allison Alsup.