Warrington’s top-ranked specialized master’s programs continue to operate during these uncertain times. While all University of Florida classes are running online, specialized master’s programs have also moved information sessions and other recruitment events online.
Warrington continues to accept applications for all programs. If your GMAT or GRE testing has been disrupted, we are happy to create a custom schedule for you. Additional information can be found here:
Whatever you need, we are here to assist you and create a plan for your unique situation. Please reach out to a staff member if we can help during the application process.
*Please note, online GRE is not available for MAC users at this time. Learn more about the equipment requirements.
The Thomas S. Johnson Master of Science in Entrepreneurship Program (MSE) is where the principle and practice of entrepreneurship seamlessly intersect. Through a stimulating curriculum and transformational experiential learning opportunities, this one-year, intensive program equips promising entrepreneurs with the skills and savvy to plan, launch and sustain innovative ventures on their terms. Three-piece suits and old-school methods are not the norm here. Big ideas and a bold confidence are our prerequisites.
A departure from typical graduate business programs, the MSE Program awakens the entrepreneurial spirit through its dynamic experiential learning programs including GatorNest, where students collaborate with area startups; the Integrated Technology Venture Program, which brings together business, law and engineering students to commercialize university technology; and the Lean Entrepreneurship Accelerator Program, where students receive early stage proof-of-concept funding and incubation to launch their own ventures. These inspiring initiatives, along with the program’s emphasis on global perspectives and social responsibility, validate the MSE Program as one of the nation’s premier graduate entrepreneurship experiences.
In one year, you will gain…
- Expertise to launch your own business
- Valuable insight from seasoned & successful entrepreneurs
- A global entrepreneurial perspective through our study abroad opportunities around the world.
- Access to network within the Startup Ecosystem in Gainesville
Through the support of the Entrepreneurship & Innovation Center, MSE students are fully immersed in the entrepreneurial mindset through exciting programs like the Big Idea Gator Business Plan Competition, JumpstART, TEDxUF and more.
Are you a resident of the southeast U.S.? You may qualify for in-state tuition.
Is MSE Right for you?
If you are passionate about innovation and want to take a different path, the MSE Program at the University of Florida is right for you. No matter your major or professional background we are looking for students who want to do something extraordinary with their lives. If you can dream it, we will provide you the tools to create it.
Entrepreneurship: it starts with a dream
University of Florida MSE Make Your Move
Eduniversal’s Best Masters Rankings 2018
The MSE Experience
The most impactful students enter the MSE program in one of two roles – launcher or innovator.
Launcher: Students take a track of courses that facilitate the launch of a company. They gain automatic admission to the Hatchery and focus all their coursework toward having an established company at graduation. The goal is to move them to the Innovation Hub after the Hatchery.
Innovator: Students take a track that prepares them for jobs in startups and more mature companies focused on rapid growth. Classes would be more management, mindset and consulting focused.
This 36-credit, one year degree is one of the first specialized entrepreneurship programs of its kind. Students are exposed to cutting edge entrepreneurial theory, which they apply immediately by consulting for small businesses, commercializing UF technology, and creating their own businesses. Admitted students can expect:
- 3 required field experiences including startup consulting, a business launch and an immersive Silicon Valley experience
- Frequent interaction, guidance, and mentorship from seasoned entrepreneurs
- First class faculty who are thought leaders in their fields
- Meaningful coursework that encourages the practical application of current entrepreneurial theory
- The opportunity to earn a marketable skillset that will enhance your ability to launch your own company, or assist in the growth of an existing enterprise
- To gain a deeper understanding of entrepreneurial ecosystems through our Silicon Valley program
- A student-centric program with a staff that cares deeply about the success of its students
- Access to Business Career Services
- Exposure to the thriving startup community in Gainesville
- Global connection experience and opportunities