Real Estate Society
The Real Estate Society, through the help of leading industry professionals, teaches its members about the diverse field of real estate, and in the process, creates a community of like-minded individuals who are focused on learning, creating meaningful relationships, and developing professionally.
Education and Growth, Meaningful Relationships, and Professional Development
- Thursday, August 29
Business Bash from 5-7pm at the Reitz Union Grand Ballroom
- Tuesday, September 3
First General Body Meeting with MSRE alum Michael Trimble, Viking Companies
- Tuesday, September 10
PNC- Learn more about commercial real estate banking
- Tuesday, September 19
Creating your Vision with Nick Banks, Principal, Managing Director, Avison Young
- Tuesday, October 15
- Friday, October 25
UCREW in Orlando- CRE at the Orlando Airport
- Tuesday, October 29
If you are interested in applying to the Nathan S. Collier Master of Science in Real Estate program, you should attend our Ring Speaker series on select Thursdays
This will be updated as opportunities are received.
The CREW Network Foundation is the only organization dedicating its resources solely towards transforming the commercial real estate industry by advancing women globally. To date, the CREW Network and its Foundation have awarded 126 scholarships totaling $860,000. 2019 scholars will receive $5,000 USD for tuition and books, a paid internship opportunity for the summer of 2020, complimentary CREW Network student at-large membership, and a complimentary registration to the 2019 CREW Network Convention and Marketplace to be held in Orlando this year. These 2019 CREW Network Foundation scholarships are eligible to full-time COLLEGE junior, senior or graduate student (2019-2020 academic year), not high school students. Deadline to apply is April 30th, 2019. The application and more information can be found on the CREW Network website.
The Rent to Own Labs Scholarship is granted to one real estate student each year. The $2,500 scholarship should help the student pay for textbooks, tuition and development courses related to real estate. Students are expected to mail a printed application to Rent to Own Labs at 12301 Lake Underhill Rd, Suite 111, Orlando FL 32828. Application deadline is October 15th.
The Society of Real Estate Professionals is offering a scholarship for undergraduates and graduates interested in relocating to Tampa Bay after graduation. The scholarship will contribute to tuition, fees, supplies and/or books and will amount anywhere between $1000 and $5000. Students are to complete the application and mail a hard copy to The Society of Real Estate Professionals Attn: Jeremy Pino at 501 East Kennedy Blvd., Ste. 1200 Tampa, Florida 33602. Application is due March 31, 2019.
Career and Internship Opportunities
Ram Realty Advisors, LLC (Ram) is a registered investment advisor that invests on behalf of a series of private equity funds and partnerships with co-mingled funds from institutions, plan sponsors and high net worth individuals. Through these funds and partnerships Ram acquires, develops, manages and finances retail and multifamily properties in the Southeast. We pursue the acquisition, development, and redevelopment of commercial, multifamily and mixed-use real estate. Target markets include, but are not limited too; South Florida, Tampa Bay, Orlando, Raleigh/Durham, Charlotte, Nashville and Atlanta. Our strategy includes ground-up development, adaptive re-use, and the acquisition and redevelopment of existing assets. Since 1996 the company has deployed in excess of $2.5 billion in real estate transactions.
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Summary: Ram is seeking interns to participate in an eight week program designed to provide technical knowledge and practical understanding of retail and multifamily real estate assets including site selection, underwriting, market research, and project management for real estate development and acquisitions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Depending on the deal flow at the time of the internship, the intern could expect to work on some or all of the following tasks:
- Develop familiarity with target markets and understanding of prospective tenants’ requirements and preference within a market.
- Produce market research reports for comparable properties and demographic data.
- Assist in identifying potential acquisition opportunities.
- Assist in determining pricing parameters of a given property and creating of letters of intent to purchase properties.
- Obtain and review all relevant due diligence information from property owner and their representatives, including existing reports, surveys, studies, title work, environmental documents, etc. Assist in determining a property’s preliminary feasibility via cash flow projections and assumptions, comparable rental and sales analysis, and detailed financial modeling.
- Develop specific and overall project budgets and financial schedules.
- Participate in the predevelopment process, including various project management tasks to help further design and construction of a project.
Qualifications: These requirements represent the education, knowledge, skill, certifications/licensure and/or ability required to perform the job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties noted above.
- Must be currently enrolled in a school of higher education. Master program students with a major in real estate, construction, or finance preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Argus preferred.
- Must be highly motivated, possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and be able to work in a multi-task dynamic, team environment.
- Valid state Driver’s License required.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Commitment to quality results
- Dependability, integrity, and willingness to learn
- Proven time management skills
- Adaptability, flexibility, and champion of change
Salary: Commensurate with applicant qualifications
Employment: Full-time Intern (Full-time employment potential)
Location: Miami, FL
About Tricera Capital
Tricera Capital is a real estate investment firm focused on value-add urban retail and mixed-use investments within the United States. Since launching in 2017, Tricera has been very active, leveraging the team’s experience and relationships to create off-market opportunities and quickly amassing a portfolio in select target markets. Tricera’s principals are seasoned real estate professionals with deep track records of success in deal sourcing, acquisitions, syndication, and leasing. Their combined experience enables Tricera to strategically identify and execute on deals and move swiftly to create value by repositioning assets and upgrading the tenancy to deliver superior returns to investors.
Tricera Capital is seeking a full-time intern to provide a broad range of analytic, administrative, and management support functions. The primary need for the company currently is property management support, which will be the main focus of the role in the near term. However, the applicant will be joining a growing, collaborative investment team, with the aim of transitioning into an acquisitions role over time. The position offers an excellent learning opportunity for an applicant looking to gain experience in all stages of the real estate investment life cycle, including market research, underwriting, due diligence, closings, leasing, asset/property management, and investor relations. The applicant will enjoy complete access to the firm’s principals and will be included in all team planning and investment meetings. The ideal applicant should be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment, possessing strong multi-tasking, communication, and teamwork skills, and also demonstrating resourcefulness and the ability to take initiative and work independently. The current position is an internship with the goal of bringing the applicant on full-time based on performance.
- Completed or working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably with a concentration in real estate, finance, mathematics, business, or similar subject matter. Experience in the real estate industry is a plus and can also be considered in lieu of applicable academic coursework.
- Strong analytic skills and an excellent working knowledge or mastery of Microsoft Excel, including the ability to create, modify, and analyze financial models and calculate investment returns (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and other MS suite program experience also required; knowledge of Argus is preferable, but not required).
- Familiarity with commercial leases and contracts preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Yardi, Rent Manager, Appfolio, or similar property management software preferable, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to efficiently manage time, produce high quality work under deadline pressures, and successfully prioritize and simultaneously manage a heavy workload.
- Excellent attention to detail and high standard for accuracy.
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and contribute to organization’s goals and growth.
- Reviewing leases of newly acquired assets and entering relevant data into property management software.
- Assisting in formulation of annual property budgets for tenant billing.
- Assisting with accounts payable, accounts receivable, and all property management accounting functions, including issuing tenant rent statements, paying property expense invoices, tracking bank account balances, and logging all transactions in property management software.
- Assisting with post-acquisition transition, including transferring utility accounts and service contracts, and introducing tenants to new operating procedures.
- Acting as first point of contact for tenants.
- Creation and updating of detailed financial models in Excel for new acquisitions and existing owned assets.
- Assisting with due diligence responsibilities on new acquisitions, from sourcing through closing. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, organizing information provided by seller and identifying outstanding items; abstracting tenant leases; and coordinating third party inspections.
- Researching and compiling market data to facilitate investment decisions.
- Assisting with the creation of offering memorandums for new investments.
Tricera Capital is excited to grow its team with a quality intern and is willing to invest in an applicant’s training and career growth to ensure the experience is rewarding and mutually beneficial. For consideration, please send a detailed resume to Ari Sasson.
Thanks to our 2018-2019 sponsors for your support of the Real Estate Society!