Master of Accounting
The minimum standards which must be met before a student will be considered for admission into the graduate program are the following:
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent. International applicants may be required to have their academic credentials evaluated by private evaluation services to establish academic equivalency. Review the list of approved private evaluation services.
- GPA of at least 3.0 (rounding not permitted) calculated on all courses taken after the student reaches 60 hours. For applicants who earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida, only UF courses will be included, unless those courses were taken after the bachelor’s degree was awarded.
- GPA of at least 3.0 for all accounting courses numbered 3000 and above:
- Applicants must have, at a minimum, completed 12 upper-division credits of accounting including coverage of a minimum of: 6 credits of financial accounting, 3 credits of cost & managerial accounting, and 3 credits of accounting information systems. For more information, view our entire preparatory course requirements (Note: If admitted, the student will still have to satisfy all unmet preparatory course requirements).
- Once a student has earned a “C” grade in these courses, repeats of the same course will not be computed in the student’s accounting GPA if the repeat grade is higher than a “C-“.
*Note: If a student elects to take a 3000-level or above accounting class under the S/U option in the Spring 2020 semester, and earns a grade of S, and then repeats the course, and earns a grade of C or better, the second attempt will not be factored into the accounting GPA for purposes of admission to the MAcc.
- It is strongly recommended that upper-division accounting preparatory courses be taken at a business school accredited by the AACSB.
- Applicants must complete the GMAT. GRE scores may not be substituted for the GMAT. Minimum GMAT scores required are:
|Total ||Essay ||Integrated Reasoning|
|550 ||4 ||Not Needed|
- Foreign applicants who are not exempt under university guidelines must complete the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). There are no exceptions to the minimum TOEFL and IELTS requirements listed below.
| ||Total ||Listening ||Writing ||Reading ||Speaking|
|TOEFL ||100 ||26 ||17 ||20 ||23|
|IELTS ||7.0 ||7.0 ||7.0 ||7.0 ||7.0|
- Submit 3 letters of recommendation attesting to the applicant’s likelihood of success in graduate studies.
Policies Relating to MAcc Program Admissions
Meeting the minimum standards does not guarantee admission into the Fisher School. Admission is selective. In addition to the published admission requirements, admission decisions consider other important attributes such as, but not limited to, the academic reputation of the undergraduate program attended, the pattern of repeated coursework, drops, withdrawals, preparatory course deficiencies, or the completion of graduate coursework required to be completed in the MAcc.
Special admissions will only be considered where a student has a genuinely outstanding admissions test score or undergraduate record, or has other unique qualifications that are considered to offset a minor deficiency in one of the eligibility standards.
All University of Florida students are expected to own a computer. Visit UF Information Technology for minimum and recommended computer standards. In addition to these requirements, graduate accounting students must have a laptop computer.