- What semesters do you accept new students?
The MAcc program admits students during the Fall, Spring and Summer terms. Because of the way in which the curriculum is offered, transfer students are encouraged to apply for summer admission.
- Do you offer conditional admission?
No. All applicants must meet full admission requirements and may not take accounting classes unless they are officially admitted to the program.
- Do you allow deferred admission? That is, can I defer my admission from one year to another?
No. However, when an admitted student is unable to enroll and requests to be deferred, the Fisher School will allow the admitted student to request to defer their application for one semester only. All others will need to re-apply to the program.
- How do I apply to the MAcc program?
Graduate applications are filed through the University of Florida’s Admissions Office. You may fill out and submit your online application and application fee payment through their website. Apply Online.
- What is the application fee and how do I pay it?
There is a nonrefundable $30 fee for each application you submit to a UF graduate program. You can pay this fee online by credit card (via the Graduate Application portal) or via mail with a bank check made payable to the “University of Florida.” Payment must be in US funds. Your application cannot be processed without a fee payment. The fee cannot be waived or deferred.
- What is a complete application file?
A completed file means your application can be released by the University to the Fisher School of Accounting so a decision can be made. Before this can happen, all items listed below must be uploaded electronically via the web.
- Complete the online Graduate Admission Application.
- All official transcripts must be provided to the University of Florida. Official transcripts can be uploaded electronically by your academic institution or your academic institution can mail a sealed official copy of your transcripts to the University of Florida. Important note for international applicants: official transcripts, diploma and degree certificate must be provided in both their native language and in English.
- Personal Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Official GMAT Score Report. Applications without GMAT scores submitted by the application due date will experience delays in processing.
- TOEFL iBT or IELTS score (only required for applicants whose native language is not English). Applications without TOEFL or IELTS scores submitted by the application due date will experience delays in processing.
- The $30 application fee has been paid.
- Where do I send the supporting materials for my application?
Any supporting materials not submitted with the online application or sent to University Admissions should be mailed to:
Fisher School of Accounting
210 Gerson Hall
University of Florida
P.O. Box 117166
Gainesville, FL 32611-7166
- How will I know when my application is complete?
Check the Office of Admissions for your online application status. This link will list missing credentials or credentials they have received. For unresolved questions you can contact the Fisher School of Accounting before the credentials deadline to make sure your application is complete. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure his/her application is complete. Further review of your application will not be done until all credentials have been received.