Advanced Topics in Telecom Policy and Regulation
A Training Course for Experienced Utility Professionals
August 7 – 10, 2017
Gainesville, Florida, USA
Summary & Calendar
What are the new policy and regulatory challenges in ICT? How are countries addressing next generation networks (NGN)? What are the appropriate policies for over the top services? How are countries addressing net neutrality and who is having success? This advanced telecommunications course answers these questions and more as participants (experienced telecommunications professionals) examine the foundations, drivers, and policy priorities for today’s and tomorrow’s telecommunications. Join us!
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify and describe technologies for NGN
- Define and assess options for addressing net neutrality challenges
- Develop and assess national broadband and NGN plans
- Identify and address the emerging issues for 5G networks
- Address the complex radio spectrum policies needed for advancing telecommunications
- Determine the degree of competition in markets and appropriate regulatory responses
Course Fee is US $3,900.
The fee includes:
- Program tuition
- Reading and classroom material on Kindle Fire tablet
- Hotel accommodations for five (5) nights (arrival Sunday, departure Friday)
- Monday – Friday: breakfast, refreshment breaks, lunch
- Welcome Reception, Sunday
- Closing Awards Dinner, Thursday
The 2017 course will be hosted on campus at the University of Florida - Warrington College of Business. Participants will be housed at the Holiday Inn University Center Hotel. This hotel is adjacent to campus and participants will be able to easily walk over to the training facility.
Please note that participants are on their own for dinner each night, with the exception of a Welcome Reception Sunday evening and a Closing Awards Dinner Thursday night. There are a number of dining options within safe walking distance of the hotel.
If you’re interested in attending both the Advanced Topics in Telecom Policy and Regulation course and the Energy Pricing course, the fee is USD $8,600. Combined course fee includes:
- Program tuition
- Reading and classroom material for both courses on one Kindle Fire tablet
- Hotel accommodations for twelve (12) nights (arrival Sunday, departure second Friday)
- 1st Week Monday – Friday: breakfast, refreshment breaks, lunch
- 2nd Week Monday – Thursday: breakfast, refreshment breaks, lunch
- Welcome Reception both Sundays
- Closing Awards Dinner, 1st Friday and 2nd Thursday