Advanced Topics in Telecom Policy and Regulation
A Training Course for Experienced Utility Professionals
August 2017 – specific dates to be confirmed soon
Gainesville, Florida, USA
Summary & Calendar
What are the new policy and regulatory challenges in ICT? How are countries addressing next generation networks (NGN)? What are the appropriate policies for over the top services? How are countries addressing net neutrality and who is having success? This advanced telecommunications course answers these questions and more as participants (experienced telecommunications professionals) examine the foundations, drivers, and policy priorities for today’s and tomorrow’s telecommunications. Join us!
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify and describe technologies for NGN
- Define and assess options for addressing net neutrality challenges
- Develop and assess national broadband and NGN plans
- Identify and address the emerging issues for 5G networks
- Address the complex radio spectrum policies needed for advancing telecommunications
- Determine the degree of competition in markets and appropriate regulatory responses
Course Fee is US $3,900.
The fee includes:
- Program tuition
- Hotel accommodations for five (5) nights (arrival Sunday, departure Friday)
- Meals(Monday-Thursday) breakfast, refreshment breaks, lunches, and 3 dinners
- Reading and classroom material
- Welcome Reception, Sunday
If you’re interested in attending both the Energy Pricing and Advanced Topics in Telecom Policy and Regulation courses, the fee US $8,600.
US$8,600 Course fee includes: Program tuition, hotel accommodations for twelve (12) nights (arrival Sunday, departure Friday), welcome reception both Sundays, most meals Monday – Friday (breakfast, lunch, refreshment breaks and 7 dinners), reading and classroom material, and electronic platform device. No meals are included over the weekend.