Foreign Study Opportunities
The Hough Graduate School of Business offers students the opportunity to study at a foreign exchange partner school for a semester (or shorter) and to earn graduate business elective credit for coursework completed abroad. Students interested in foreign study are encouraged to get approval from their academic program before contacting the Master of International Business (MIB) office. Unfortunately, we can only send a limited number of students to each exchange partner each year, so your top choice is not guaranteed.
Hough Foreign Study Opportunities:
- Exchange Programs (semester & module options)
- Summer Programs (short-term)
- Global Immersion Experience (GIE) trips are designed to provide students with a brief, but intensive international experience. Through lectures and visits to businesses and governmental organizations, students will gain an understanding of the country’s business environment and how it has been influenced by political, cultural, and historical factors.
- MIB GIE
- Entrepreneurship GIE
- Latin America GIE
- Term: Spring Break (early March)
- Length: 1 week
- Past locations: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Peru
The Latin American GIE rotates among different locations from year to year. The trip is non-industry specific and the content covers broader Latin American economic and business issues as well as country-specific information. Students can prepare and enhance the learning experience by also taking the elective “Latin American Business Environment” at UF in the second module of the fall term.
|Abroad Term||Submit top choices for approval to MIB by:||Students will receive approval and application instructions by:||UF International Center application deadline:|
|Summer A/C||January 15th||January 30th||March 1st|
|Summer B||January 15th||January 30th||April 1st|
|Fall||January 15th||January 30th||April 1st|
|Spring||September 1st||September 8th||October 1st|
Note: foreign school application deadline & program dates vary by program.