Professor Brown teaches the fixed income securities courses at the undergraduate and graduate level programs. He serves as the Director of the MSF (Master of Science-Finance) Program. His current research focuses on real estate finance and the pricing of default risk in corporate bonds. He has made a number of presentations at national meetings and at other universities. He has been a visiting professor at the Kellogg Graduate School of Management and served as an investment officer for NISA Investment Advisors LLC.
- PhD - Economics, Washington University St. Louis, 1986
- MA - Economics, Washington University St. Louis, 1983
- BA - Economics, Tulane University, 1981
- Financial Distress
- Fixed Income Securities
- Real Estate Finance
In The News
- MSF students give best solution for commercial real estate debt — November 8, 2023 — Only 12 teams from 10 national universities were invited to compete at the Commercial Real Estate Finance Council’s (CREFC) third annual...
- MSF program No. 6 in the nation, according to QS — October 17, 2022 — GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The William R. Hough Master of Science in Finance (MSF) program remained in the nation’s top 10 graduate finance pro...
- Warrington professors receive College's teaching awards — January 25, 2013 — GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The Warrington College of Business Administration honored five of its professors with its 2012-13 Teaching Awards. BB&...
- New Finance Ph.D. wins one Finance world's top prizes — June 22, 2009 — Gainesville, Fla. – Finance grad Brandon Lockhart (PHD, 2009) is the winner the USC Marshall School of Business Trefftzs Award for best st...
Last 3 years
- Asset Manage Project (FIN6525)
- Capitalism and Reg (FIN6728)
- Econ Organiza/Market (FIN6729)
- Economics Organizations & Mark (FIN6930)
- Fixed Income Sec Valu (FIN6545)
- Interest Rate Risk (FIN6547)
- Spec Top Fixed Income (FIN6549)
Last 3 years
Phd Students Advised
- Jun Oh — 2021 — 2021
- Mustafa Emin — 2021 — 2021
Last 5 years
- Board of Advisors, Eastern Finance Association Annual Meeting Program — 2023
- Other, — 2021 to 2022
Last 5 years
Journal Article Publications
Callable Bonds: What is Special about Munis?
Status: Working PaperJournal: Journal of FinanceAuthor: David Brown
Discount Rates and Asset Returns: Implications for Endowment Strategies
Status: Working PaperAuthor: David Brown
Maturity Clienteles in the Municipal Bond Market
Status: Working PaperJournal: Review of Financial Studies, TheAuthors: Stace Sirmans, David Brown