Business Plan Resource Support
This web portal was put together to assist you in gathering the necessary information pieces to build your business plan. The resources are put together to follow the sections of the business plan format put forth in the Nuts & Bolts of Great Business Plans, 2013-14 to help you gather the information you need. You will need to do research at each level of the business plan.
Plan your time accordingly, gathering the amount of information that this assignment requires can be time consuming as there is no one resource that can give you all of the pieces. Be prepared to gather information from many sources to put together your business plan. You will need to use both the print and electronic resources highlighted in this guide. You may find some sources more useful than others based upon the subject matter of your concept and the industry that it is a part of.
- Section I: The Industry
- Section II: The Company, Concept, and Product(s) or Service(s)
- Section III: Market Research and Analysis (aka 'The Market')
- Section IV: The Economics of the Business
- Section V: The Marketing Plan
- Section VI: Design and Development Plan (also called R & D)
- Section VII: Operations Plan
- Section VIII: Management Team
- Section IX: Overall Schedule
- Section X: Critical Risks, Problems and Assumptions
- Section XI: Financial Plan
- Section XII: Proposed Company Offering