UF Business for Good Lab: Sustainable Business Consulting
Launched in spring 2019, this is a new experiential learning program modeled after the B Corp Clinic in North Carolina, in partnership with Florida for Good. After 75 UF students helped over 20 Florida companies in 2019 – 2020 to complete the B Impact Assessment towards becoming Certified B Corporations, beginning in 2021, this opportunity is open to students from all Florida colleges & universities, working together to use the power of business as a force for good and promoting the B Economy which is “built by everyone who works for, buys from, invests in, learns or teaches about, or supports businesses striving to create a shared & durable prosperity for all.” The global vision of B Corporations is to create an “inclusive, equitable, and regenerative economic system for all people and the planet.”
- Prospective Company Partners: apply for a team of student consultants to help your business become a certified B Corporation.
- Interested Students at Florida colleges & universities other than UF: non-UF students can apply to participate and UF students can register at one.ufl.edu or contact Dr. Joys for help getting a seat.
UF Business for Good Lab 2019-2022 Impact
- 192 students (134 graduate and 58 undergraduate) consulting with 48 Florida Companies, gaining a total of 1981.57 points on the B Impact Assessment.
- 33 of the 48 Teams scored over 80 points, exceeding the standard required for B Corporation certification.
- The students volunteered over 9,600 hours* creating over $278,214 of value to the community.
*Volunteer time valued at $29.95 per hour, according to the Independent Sector.
In partnership with: