UF Business for Good Lab: Sustainable Business Consulting
Launched in spring 2019, this is a new experiential learning program modeled after the B Corp Clinic in North Carolina, in partnership with Florida for Good. After helping more than 20 Florida companies in 2019 – 2020 to complete the B Impact Assessment towards becoming Certified B Corporations, in 2021 onwards we aim to offer this opportunity to students from all Florida colleges & universities, working together to use the power of business as a force for good and promoting the B Economy which is “built by everyone who works for, buys from, invests in, learns or teaches about, or supports businesses striving to create a shared & durable prosperity for all.” The global vision of B Corporations is to create an “inclusive, equitable, and regenerative economic system for all people and the planet.”
- Prospective Spring 2021 Company Partners: apply for a team of student consultants to help your business become a certified B Corporations.
- Interested Students at Florida colleges & universities other than UF: non-UF students can apply to participate and UF students can register at one.ufl.edu or contact Dr. Joys for help getting a seat.
UF Business for Good Lab 2019-2020 Impact
- 75 students (61 graduate and 14 undergraduate) consulting with 19 Florida Companies, gaining a total of 842.6 points on the B Impact Assessment.
- 13 of the 19 Teams scored over 80 points, exceeding the standard required for B Corporation certification.
- The students volunteered over 3,750 hours* creating over $102,000 of value to the community.
*Volunteer time valued at $27.20 per hour, according to the Independent Sector.
In partnership with: