Professor Baolian Wang is currently an assistant professor of finance at the University of Florida. His research areas are empirical asset pricing, behavioral finance, investor behavior, FinTech, and the Chinese economy. His research has been published in leading academic journals, including Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, Management Science, and Strategic Management Journal. Prior to joining UF, he was an assistant professor at Fordham University from 2014 to 2018. Professor Wang received his bachelor's and master's degrees from the School of Economics and Management at Tsinghua University before receiving his Ph.D. from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
- PhD - Finance, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, 2014
- Empirical Asset Pricing
- Investor Behavior
- Chinese Economy
In The News
- The latest innovative ideas from Warrington — August 10, 2021 — Over the 2020-2021 academic year, Warrington College of Business faculty members reminded us why they’re some of the best in the world, de...
- Pandemic-induced challenges widened the gender gap for female analysts, research finds — August 3, 2021 — GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted a persistent challenge facing the business world – the gender gap. A recent st...
- Pump-and-dump schemes detrimental to cryptocurrencies and investors, UF Warrington research finds — November 20, 2018 — GAINESVILLE, Fla. – When it comes to investing, avoiding risk is almost impossible. No matter if you invest in stocks, bonds, mutual funds...
Last 3 years
- Debt and Money Markets (FIN4243)
- Debt and Money Markets (FIN4608)
- Fin Res Workshop (FIN7938)
Last 3 years
Phd Students Advised
- Matthew Son — 2022
- Miles Nathan — 2022
- Gunsu Son — 2021
- Nicholas DeRobertis — 2021
- Gunsu Son — 2020
Last 5 years