Jim Hoover is a Clinical Professor in the Warrington College of Business at the University of Florida. He has an extensive background in analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, forecasting, and operations research. He combines a long career in industry with a passion for academics and research. His commercial experience includes running several businesses and a large Information Technology and Management Consulting account for one of the world’s largest consulting firms. Additionally, he built an Analytics Consulting practice, developing new skills and capabilities for an analytics workforce growing at over 20% per year. Dr. Hoover previously taught at the University of Pennsylvania and Florida Southern College. His current research is focused on the integration of artificial intelligence into business and big data privacy concerns.
- Other - Analytics, University of Florida, 2017
- MBA - Decision & Information Sciences, University of Florida, 1996
- BA - Accounting, University of South Florida, 1984
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data and Data Privacy
- Problems and Methods in Marketing Management ( MAR5806 ) — Fall 2019