- PhD, The University of Chicago, 2015
In The News
- Research Roundup: Innovative ideas from Warrington in 2019-2020 — August 11, 2020 — Over the 2019-2020 academic year, Warrington College of Business faculty members reminded us why they’re some of the best in the world. Fr...
- New study highlights the real cost of political interference in banking — February 11, 2020 — GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Banks across the world have long faced a common threat – political interference. Previous studies have shown that th...
- The decline in secured debt — January 30, 2020 — Assistant Professor of Finance Nitish Kumar “What role does collateral play in corporate borrowing?” ask Assistant Professor of Finance...
- Secrets don’t make friends: New research shows hedge funds gain information advantage from unique relationships with investment banks — September 24, 2019 — GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Keeping a secret is often easier said than done, especially when there’s money on the table. For years, news outlets...
- Faculty News Roundup: Warrington professors’ successes in 2017-2018 — September 4, 2018 — Over the 2017-2018 academic year, Warrington College of Business faculty members reminded us why they’re some of the best in the world. Fr...
Last 3 years
- Equity and Capital Mkt (FIN4504)
Last 3 years
Phd Students Advised
- Jing Lu — Current
- MANVENDRA TIWARI — Current
- MUSTAFA EMIN — Current
- Svetlana Gavrilova — 2020
Last 5 years
Journal Article Publications
Prime (information) brokerage
Status: AcceptedJournal: Journal of Financial EconomicsAccepted Year: 2019Authors: Nitish Kumar, Kevin Mullally, Sugata Ray, Yuehua Tang
Political Interference and Crowding Out in Bank Lending
Status: AcceptedJournal: Journal of Financial IntermediationAccepted Year: 2019Author: Nitish Kumar