- PhD - Accounting, Texas A & M, 2012
- MAcc - Accounting, University of Florida, 2007
- BSAc - Accounting, University of Florida, 2007
In The News
- Executive compensation incentives influence firms' conforming tax avoidance, research finds — April 7, 2023 — The line between tax avoidance and tax evasion is often very thin. “What we’re showing is that one unintended consequence of executives?...
- Three honored with Warrington's teaching, advising awards — February 5, 2020 — The University of Florida Warrington College of Business recognized faculty members Dr. Michael Mayberry and Dr. Steve Tufts along with advi...
- Business owners: Looking to be more competitive? Try changing your organizational structure — September 4, 2018 — GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Whole Foods versus your local grocery store. Applebee’s versus your favorite mom-and-pop restaurant. Bank of America...
- Unintended consequence of SEC tax letters: Companies pay more taxes — December 15, 2016 — Ever slow down when approaching a spot where you got stopped for speeding? Major companies react in a similar fashion when filing taxes the...
Last 3 years
- Federal Income Tax 1 (TAX5025)
- Federal Income Tax 2 (TAX5027)
- Partnership Taxation (TAX6205)
Last 3 years
Phd Students Advised
- Jenna El-Khalili — 9999 — Current
- Justin Kim — 2023 — Current
- Mark Zakota — 9999 — Current
- Nicholas Cicone — 2022 — 2022
- Zhenhao "Jeffery" Piao — 2022 — 2022
- HYUN PARK — 2020 — 2020
- TIAN XU — 2020 — 2020
Last 5 years
Last 5 years
Journal Article Publications
Investments in Auditor-provided Non-audit Services and Future Operating Performance
Status: PublishedJournal: Auditing: A Journal of Practice & TheoryPublished Year: 2021Authors: William Ciconte, Robert Knechel, Michael Mayberry
Good for managers, bad for society? Causal evidence on the association between risk-taking incentives and corporate social responsibility
Status: PublishedJournal: Journal of Business Finance & AccountingPublished Year: 2020Author: Michael Mayberry
The Effects of Competition from S Corporations on the Organizational Form Choice of Rival C Corporations
Status: PublishedJournal: Contemporary Accounting ResearchPublished Year: 2019Authors: Michael Donohoe, Petro Lisowsky, Michael Mayberry
Pushing the future back: The impact of policy uncertainty on the market pricing of future earnings
Status: PublishedJournal: Journal of Business Finance & AccountingPublished Year: 2018Authors: Michael Drake, Michael Mayberry, Jaron Wilde