My research program has its origin in understanding the importance of heterogeneous human resources for organizations to learn, develop, and grow. Consequently, I focus on two interrelated research questions: how to integrate employees with diverse backgrounds into the work processes to create an inclusive organization and how to develop organizational capability for learning and innovation. My work has been published in top-tier journals, including Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Applied Psychology, Personnel Psychology, and Journal of Management.
- PhD - Management, University of Florida, 2018
- Diversity and inclusion
- Learning and Innovation
- Strategic HRM
In The News
- Silver and wise: How retirement-age workers find fulfillment in continued employment — May 17, 2023 — Who says retirement is the only golden opportunity? Research from Assistant Professor Yixuan Li shows how retirement-age workers are defying...
- 10 innovative research insights you can apply to your life and career — October 3, 2022 — Beyond educating the next generation of business leaders, faculty at the UF Warrington College of Business are researching the next great so...
- Warrington management department No. 1 in productivity per faculty — June 1, 2022 — GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Even with only 13 tenure-track faculty members, the Department of Management at the University of Florida Warrington C...
- Want to increase your team’s performance? Gender diversity could be beneficial — October 26, 2021 — GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Many of us have heard the famous adage ‘teamwork makes the dreamwork’ from leadership author John Maxwell, but wha...
- Meet Warrington’s new faculty for 2021 — August 26, 2021 — The Warrington College of Business is proud to welcome six new faculty members to campus in the 2021-2022 academic year. Learn more about th...
Last 3 years
- Human Capital Analysis (MAN6930)
- Organiza Staffing (MAN6366)
- Organizational Behav (MAN5246)
Last 5 years
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of Applied Psychology — 2020 to Present
- Editorial Review Board Member, Personnel Psychology — 2020 to Present
- Editorial Review Board Member, Work, Aging and Retirement — 2020 to Present
- Committee Chair, Academy of Management, HR Division, Employee Participation and Ownership Scholarly Award Committee — 2023
Last 5 years
Journal Article Publications
University of Florida
Warrington College of Business
Stuzin Hall 219B