- PhD, University of Pennsylvania, 2020
In The News
- Can human market investors beat the algorithms? — November 6, 2023 — Are the algorithms something that people in the know could game? If insiders see specific things happening and they know some sort of action...
- ChatGPT is better at predicting how stocks will react to news headlines than traditional models, new study shows — April 17, 2023 — ChatGPT can’t see the future, but it already has value for investors looking to predict future moves in the stock market. That’...
- ChatGPT may be able to predict stock movements, finance professors show — April 13, 2023 — In a new working paper, Assistant Professor Alejandro Lopez-Lira and Emerson-Merrill Lynch Associate Professor Yuehua Tang find that large l...
- Win the Race for Higher Risk-adjusted Stock Returns — April 3, 2023 — A new paper co-authored by Assistant Professor Alejandro Lopez-Lira and Wharton’s Nikolai Roussanov uses machine learning to construct inv...
- Meet Warrington’s new faculty for 2021 — August 26, 2021 — The Warrington College of Business is proud to welcome six new faculty members to campus in the 2021-2022 academic year. Learn more about th...
Last 3 years
- Empirical Asset Pricing-Invest (FIN7938)
- Financial Modeling (FIN6930)
Last 3 years
Phd Students Advised
- Alireza Mousakhani — 2023 — 2023
- Blake Jackson — 2022 — 2023
Last 5 years