Online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
General Business Online
Our admission requirements are straightforward—if you meet all of the requirements outlined below, your admission is guaranteed!
The following outlines our general admission requirements. You do not have to complete all of our admission requirements before you apply to UF, but you do have to complete them before you start your first semester. Online business majors can start UF in the fall, spring, or Summer C semester (but not Summer A or B). If you have any questions about your eligibility for our program, we encourage you to email our Admissions Coordinator, Ms. Miranda Morris, and to review Admissions FAQ.
- Since all of our 26 test sites are located in Florida, you must be a Florida resident and live in Florida;
- Earn an Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS) degree, or 60+ semester hours of transferable credit. Students who do not have an AA degree from a Florida public community/state college or university may be required to complete additional course work;
- You cannot have an institutional GPA under 2.0, unless transferred in as part of an AA degree;
- Complete the seven required prerequisite business courses (see below) with a minimum 2.5 GPA. You can submit your application when you’ve completed four of these. At that point, if you’ve earned a 2.5 prerequisite GPA and have the remainder of the seven courses in progress, we will conditionally admit you to our program.
- Students who are currently enrolled in a UF, campus‐based major are generally not eligible for the Online Business Program unless their personal circumstances require them to move away from Gainesville or to work full time; and
- Satisfy UF’s foreign language requirement, which calls for two years of the same language in high school or a minimum of eight credit hours in college. Equivalent testing credit through AP, IB, CLEP, or SAT2 exams is also acceptable.
If you have any questions about your eligibility for our program, please feel free to email Ms. Miranda Morris (miranda.morris at warrington.ufl.edu), our Admissions Coordinator, and review our Admissions FAQ.
Prerequisite Course Requirements
You must complete ALL seven of our prerequisite courses before you can enroll at UF.
|ACG 2021||Introduction to Financial Accounting|
|ACG 2071||Introduction to Managerial Accounting|
|CGS 2531||Problem Solving Using Computers|
|ECO 2013||Principles of Macroeconomics|
|ECO 2023||Principles of Microeconomics|
|MAC 2233||Survey of Calculus|
|STA 2023||Introduction to Statistics|
If your school does not use these exact course numbers, review our Preprofessional Course Equivalency Table to find the equivalent course(s) offered at your institution. If you took our prerequisite courses at a private or out-of-state school, check our Course Equivalency Database to determine if the courses have been deemed equivalent to ours. If the courses are not listed in the database, or if the course equivalencies have expired (see dates in far right column), you must complete a Preprofessional Course Equivalency Form and submit documentation for each of the prerequisite courses you took.
Note: It is not to your advantage to take junior/senior-level business courses at another school, as these courses will not count toward your UF business degree. If you have completed an equivalent junior/senior-level business course elsewhere (for example, Business Law or Principles of Management), we will require you to retake the course or take a higher-level course in the same subject area at UF and you will not earn additional college credit when repeating the course.
Prerequisite GPA Requirements
To be considered for admission, you must earn a minimum 2.5 prerequisite GPA; that is, not a 2.5 in each course, but a 2.5 average for all seven courses. Please note that UF does not offer grade forgiveness—when we calculate your prerequisite GPA, we will calculate all of your attempts at our prerequisite courses; however, you can petition this rule if your current grades show a marked improvement over past grades. Our GPA calculator can help you determine your prerequisite GPA.
Applying to the Online Business Program
For instructions on how to apply to the Online Business Program, review our admission process page.
Transfer Admissions Coordinator
Email (miranda.morris at warrington.ufl.edu)
The biggest thing that worried me about the online program was not having the face-to-face interaction. Having an actual lecture component to the program really helps a lot, as does the network of peer support through the Gator Online Student Association.Thaddeus Fair
BSBA 2009, Orlando