The Heavener School of Business admits transfer students to the Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (BABA) – General Studies major which pairs a UF business degree with an outside area of specialization offered by another UF department. Transfer applicants interested in an on campus business major are encouraged to consider this major.
There is limited capacity for transfer students in other majors within the School. Those who meet the minimum requirements are eligible to apply, but admission is not guaranteed and the selection process is extremely competitive.
Transfer Admissions Coordinator
- Email Admissions (admissions at warrington.ufl.edu)
- Schedule an Appointment
This information is specific to on-campus transfer only. You can find UF Online Business Program information on that program's site.
Here is a list of the Heavener School of Business transfer admission requirements:
- Earn an AA or AS degree from a state of Florida college or university or 60+ transferable credits from an accredited university (if you do not have an AA degree from a state of Florida school you may be required to take additional course work);
Applicants will not be eligible for admission if:
- They have earned 90 transferable hours
- They have completed 2 or more upper division business courses.
- Earn a minimum 3.0 cumulative (overall) GPA;
- Have no institutional GPA under 2.0, unless transferred in as part of an AA degree;
- Complete the seven prerequisite courses with a minimum 3.5 GPA (see tabs above); and
- Satisfy UF’s foreign language requirement.
Business majors can start UF in the fall or spring (but not Summer A, B, or C). You do not have to complete all of the admission requirements before you apply, but you must complete all of them before you start your first semester.
- BABA – General Studies applicants: If you meet all requirements and have a minimum 3.5 GPA in all seven prerequisite courses, you will be admitted. If you have prerequisites in progress but have a minimum 3.5 GPA in four or more courses (including Financial Accounting) you will be conditionally admitted.
- All other applicants: We recommend completing all seven prerequisite courses at least two semesters prior to enrolling (by spring if applying for fall, by summer if applying for spring). If you have a minimum 3.5 prerequisite GPA you will be considered for admission, but admission is not guaranteed and the selection process is extremely competitive.
If you have any questions these requirements or application guidelines, please email Admissions (admissions at warrington.ufl.edu).
The prerequisite GPA is an average of all seven prerequisite courses (or their equivalents). It is important to note that UF does not offer grade forgiveness—when we calculate your prerequisite GPA, we include all of your attempts at our prerequisite courses (or their equivalents), EXCEPT once you earn a grade of “C” or higher in a prerequisite course (or its equivalent), no higher grade that is subsequently earned will count toward this GPA. In other words, once you earn a grade of “C” or higher in a prerequisite course, you cannot retake the course to improve your GPA.
You must complete ALL seven prerequisites before you can enroll at UF
|ECO 2013||Principles of Macroeconomics|
|ECO 2023||Principles of Microeconomics|
|CGS 2531||Problem Solving Using Computers|
|STA 2023||Introduction to Statistics|
|MAC 2233||Survey of Calculus|
|ACG 2021||Introduction to Financial Accounting|
|ACG 2071||Introduction to Managerial Accounting|
- If your school does not use these exact course numbers, see our Preprofessional Course Equivalency Table to find the equivalent course(s) offered at your institution.
- If you took our prerequisite courses at a private or out-of-state school, check our Course Equivalency Database to determine if those courses have been deemed equivalent to ours.
- If they are not listed in the database, or the course equivalencies have expired, you must complete a Preprofessional Course Equivalency Form and submit documentation for each of the prerequisite courses you took.
Note: Junior/senior-level business courses completed at another school will NOT count toward the UF business degree. If you take a required junior/senior-level business course at another state of Florida school, you will be required to retake the course (or a related higher-level course) at UF and you will not earn additional college credit.
If you are applying for the BABA – General Studies major we encourage you to submit your application after completing four required prerequisite courses (including Financial Accounting). If you are applying to any other business major, we recommend completing all prerequisites at least two semesters prior to enrolling (by spring if applying for fall, by summer if applying for spring). The steps for our transfer admission process are as follows:
Submit the online UF Undergraduate Transfer Admissions Application, transcripts from high school and all post-secondary schools, and the $30 application fee.
Heavener School of Business Transfer Admission Deadlines Term Deadline Date Fall April 1 Spring September 15 Summer N/A
- UF Admissions will verify that you meet the minimum UF transfer admissions requirements and then forward your application to our School for further evaluation.
We will evaluate your admission application, forward our decision back to Admissions, and then they will notify you in writing of our decision.
- Applicants to the BABA – General Studies major: You can check the status of your admission application on ONE.UF two to four weeks after you submit your application and all credentials.
- Applicants to all other business majors This application process is competitive and most applications will not be decided upon until the end of May for fall admission or the beginning of October for spring admission. We encourage you to check the status of your application on ONE.UF near the appropriate time frame.
- If admitted, you should review Eight Steps to a Successful Transition at UF and sign up for Transfer Preview. We also encourage you to explore MyHeavener—our website for UF business majors. (IF APPLYING FOR OUR UF ONLINE BUSINESS DEGREE, DO NOT SIGN UP FOR TRANSFER PREVIEW.)
- Finally, we strongly encourage you register for the Transfer Success Seminar in your first semester. This one credit course will help you transition to UF by focusing on your personal and career development, the skills you need for academic success, and the countless opportunities and resources available to you.