Freshman and High School/AA Degree
The UF Office of Admissions handles both Freshman admissions and applications from students who are earning their AA degree while in high school. We encourage you to email us (miranda.morris at warrington.ufl.edu) for information on specific Heavener School of Business academic requirements.
Online Business Program
The Online Business Program is designed for degree-seeking students who live outside of Gainesville or have work and/or family commitments that make traditional campus attendance impractical.
Looking for admissions information for the Online Business Program? Go to the program site.
Schedule a Tour
The Warrington Diplomats are Heavener's official student ambassadors. During fall and spring semesters (Sept-Apr), they offer tours for prospective students and guests.
The Heavener School of Business admits transfer students to the Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (BABA) – General Studies major which allows students to pair a UF business degree with an area of specialization offered by other UF departments. Transfer applicants interested in a business major on campus are encouraged to consider this major.
There is limited capacity for transfer students in other majors within the School. Those who meet the minimum requirements are eligible to apply, but admission is not guaranteed, and the selection process is extremely competitive.
Other options for studying business at UF include the UF Online Business Program or business related majors offered by other UF colleges. All on-campus students have the opportunity to minor in business or accounting.
Transfer Admissions Coordinator
Email Natasha (Natasha.Plunkett at warrington.ufl.edu)
This information is specific to on-campus transfer only. You can find Online Business Program Admissions information on that program's site.
The following outlines our general admission requirements. Business majors can start UF in the fall or spring (but not Summer A, B or C). You do not have to complete all of our admission requirements before you apply to UF, but you do have to complete them before you start your first semester. If applying to any major other than BABA – General Studies, it is recommended you complete all prerequisites at least two semesters prior to enrolling (by spring if applying for fall, by summer if applying for spring). If you have any questions about your eligibility for our program, we encourage you to email (Natasha.Plunkett at warrington.ufl.edu) our Admissions Coordinator, Ms. Natasha Plunkett.
- Earn an AA or AS degree from a Florida community/state college or public university or 60+ transferable credit hours from an accredited university (if you did not earn an AA degree from one of these institutions, you may be required to take additional course work);
- Earn a minimum 3.0 cumulative (overall) GPA.
- You cannot have an institutional GPA under 2.0, unless transferred in as part of an AA degree;
- Satisfy UF’s foreign language requirement, which calls for two years of the same language in high school or a minimum of eight credit hours in college. Equivalent testing credit through AP, IB, CLEP, or SAT2 exams is also acceptable.
Complete the seven required prerequisite business courses (see the Prerequisite Courses tab), with a minimum 3.5 GPA. You can submit your application when you've completed four of these, including Financial Accounting
- BABA – General Studies applicants: If you meet all other requirements and have a 3.5 GPA or higher in all 7 prerequisites, you will be admitted. If you still have prerequisites in progress, but have a 3.5 or higher GPA in four or more, including Financial Accounting, you will be conditionally admitted.
- Applicants to all other business majors: If you have a 3.5 prerequisite GPA, you will be considered for admission, but admission is not guaranteed, and the selection process is extremely competitive.
This GPA is an average for all seven courses. UF does not offer grade forgiveness—when we calculate your prerequisite GPA, we include all of your attempts at our prerequisite courses, except that once you earn a grade of “C” or higher in one of these courses, no higher grade earned subsequently will count. In other words, once you earn a grade of “C” or higher, you cannot retake the course to improve your GPA. Our GPA calculator can help you determine your prerequisite GPA.
You must complete ALL seven of our prerequisite business courses before you can enroll at UF.
|ECO 2013||Principles of Macroeconomics|
|ECO 2023||Principles of Microeconomics|
|CGS 2531||Problem Solving Using Computers|
|STA 2023||Introduction to Statistics|
|MAC 2233||Survey of Calculus|
|ACG 2021||Introduction to Financial Accounting|
|ACG 2071||Introduction to Managerial Accounting|
- If your school does not use these exact course numbers, review our Preprofessional Course Equivalency Table to find the equivalent course(s) offered at your institution.
- If you took our prerequisite courses at a private or out-of-state school, check our Course Equivalency Database to determine if the courses have been deemed equivalent to ours.
- If the courses are not listed in the database, or the course equivalencies have expired, you must complete a Preprofessional Course Equivalency Form and submit documentation for each of the prerequisite courses you took.
- Note: If you have completed junior/senior-level business courses at another school, they will not count toward your UF business degree. You will be required to retake the course or a related higher-level course at UF. You will not earn additional college credit.
To apply to the UF Online Business Program, visit http://ufonline.ufl.edu/apply/. If you are applying to the BABA – General Studies major, you are encouraged to submit your UF admissions application when you complete four of our required prerequisite courses, including Financial Accounting. If applying to any major other than BABA – General Studies, it is recommended that you complete all prerequisites at least two semesters prior to enrolling (by spring if applying for fall, by summer if applying for spring).
Submit the online UF Undergraduate Admissions Application, transcripts from high school and all post-secondary schools, and the $30 application fee.
You are required to declare a specific business major on the admissions application, but you may change business majors after being admitted.
Heavener School of Business Admission Deadlines Term Deadline Date Fall April 1 Spring September 15 Summer N/A
The UF Admissions Office will verify that you meet the minimum UF transfer admissions requirements and then forward your application to the Heavener School of Business for further evaluation.
- Applicants to the BABA – General Studies major: We recommend that you check the status of your admission application on ISIS two to four weeks after you submit your application and all credentials.
- Applicants to other business majors - Because the application process is extremely competitive, most decisions will not be made until the end of May for Fall admission, or the beginning of October for Spring admission. However, you can check the status of your application at any time.
- Our school will evaluate your admission application and then forward our decision back to the Office of Admissions. The admissions office will notify you of our admission decision in writing.
- If admitted, you should review Eight Steps to a Successful Transition at UF and sign up for sign up for Transfer Preview. We also encourage you to explore MyHeavener - the web site for UF business majors. IF APPLYING FOR OUR UF ONLINE BUSINESS DEGREE, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR TRANSFER PREVIEW.
Non-Degree Seeking Students
You can register as a non-degree seeking student in the summer terms only. You can enroll in courses on a space-available basis only on the last day of add/drop. It is often possible to take electronic platform courses; however, if you need to take a specific course for transfer back to your home institution you may wish to explore other alternatives. Transient course work taken at UF will not count toward a UF degree.