The MSM Program is a generalist graduate business program designed specifically for individuals with NON-business academic backgrounds/degrees. No professional work experience is required. Applicants who are current business majors or have already obtained any degree in business will NOT be considered admissible to this program and should NOT apply. Visit the Specialized-Master's Degree list and select an alternate program designed for business majors. Business minors are welcome to apply to MSM.
- 32 credit hour degree earned in one year
- Gain knowledge in all areas of through “core” business curriculum – (22 credits)
- Gain industry specific knowledge through elective courses (10 credits) and extracurricular activities
- Option to begin working on the degree while completing UF undergraduate studies (Combined Option) or a UF graduate or professional degree (Dual Degree Option)
- Part-time on campus option to lengthen your studies to allow for internships or full-time work
- Study abroad options at over 30 partner institutions
- Career coaching provided by the Graduate Business Career Services staff
- Diverse experience through curriculum, study abroad/internship opportunities and a variety of perspectives of student body and faculty
- Learn the “language of business” and gain a solid business background to open up advancement opportunities within your undergraduate major field
- Open career opportunities in the field of business which would have been unavailable without a graduate business degree
- Strengthen transferable skills to allow for employment in management
- For professional degree seekers, (JD, MD, DDS, DVM, Pharm D) whether running a private practice or working in a corporate setting.
- Gain a network of contacts that will last a lifetime.
Hough Hall 220
1404 Union Dr
PO Box 117164
Gainesville, FL 32611-7164
1405 W University Avenue
Matherly Hall 219
Gainesville, FL 32611
Email (msm at warrington.ufl.edu)
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 3:00pm
Can I Apply?
You can apply to MSM if you...
- are not currently enrolled as a business major
- have not earned a degree in business of any kind